Monday, September 3, 2012

Thursday, August 30/2012

I am up fairly early this morning and am dragging my arse a bit.  I think it was last night's refreshments!!
The sun is shining and it looks like it is going to be a beautiful day in the neighbourhood.  That is a good thing as there are lots of outside jobs that need to be done today.
Gina stopped by with my Avon order so now John and I have enough deodorant and shampoo to last us while we are down in Arizona.  I love stocking up on some of the daily necessities as things are not always cheaper south of the border.   Gina was able to get lots of dill from the garden while she was here so that will help her with the million jars of pickles she has yet to pickle.  Apparently she has a huge field of cucumbers at the farm.  Gee and I thought I had plenty.  While she was here I also picked her a zucchini and offered her any on the wonderful herbs I have growing.
Gina's departure was the signal for John and I to get busy with our work.  Just as we were about to start, George wandered over and checked out the property line so that he could start getting the poles in for the fence.  Both Shirley and Romeo (our neighbours on both sides of the garage lot) were not too happy with the fact that they would be losing a good part of their driveways.  They have been parking on our lot for years now and are not too pleased with where the property line lies.  This piece of property used to be owed by Romeo and his brother so parking was not an issue.  Well, I guess it has now become one and although they both realize that the property line is where it is, they are not happy. Well, I must remember that neither of the neighbours were happy when Hogan shit on their grass so I guess it is a case of sucking it up now and living with the fence line.
John got on the lawn mower and started cutting the grass while I proceeded to get all the chairs and what not out of his way.  I also had to take to pooper scooper out and get rid of some of Hogan's presents to me!!  I then went over to Gary's yard and did the same thing there as well.  John will be cutting ours, Shirley's and Gary's grass today.
When that was done, it was time to take the bus on a sewer dump run.  When that was done,  John cut the grass from where the bus had been sitting then maneuvered it back into position.  I then filled it with water and put chemical in the toilet and it too was soon ready for the upcoming weekend.
It has been windy all day today so the boat did not get to the water yet.  Oh Dear!!  I only hope that we find the time to do it Friday morning, before the troops start arriving.
Dave wandered over for a visit and stayed until Shirley got home from work.  He has supper ready for her usually and that is a good thing as I am sure she is tired when she arrives home and in no mood to cook supper.
I forgot that John wanted his cowboy/cow rug in the man cave so I had to get that cleaned up for him.  It was loaded with dog hair (imagine that) so needed a good combing and then a good vacuuming to get it is shape for the  man cave.  With that done,  John brad nailed it to the front of the bar where it now hangs looking like it has finally made it home.
While I had the vacuum out, I decided to vacuum the bus as that would be one less job for tomorrow.
John eventually came in from the garage and we ate supper and played words with friends were I once again got my ass kicked!!  No surprise there!!
Man Cave is ready to go















Getting the boat cleaned and ready




Heater is hooked up, just in case

Pickled eggs done
Bed soon followed as there is still more stuff to do tomorrow and the folks will all be here by the end of the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment