Monday, September 17, 2012

Thursday, September 13/2012

It is dreary out again this morning but hey, there is no rain and no significant wind and, there is some blue sky off to the West so hopefully, we will see some sunshine later today.
Laundry and jam making are on my list for today and when John gets up, perhaps fence building as well.
I have taken time to update the blog so now had better get into gear and head over to the laundromat and finally get all the quad stuff cleaned just in case we are headed out to the trails on the weekend.
The jam was first on my agenda and I mixed together the raspberries, the strawberries and a bit of rhubarb, threw them all into the pot and cooked up some awesome tasting jam.  It came together nicely and with 14 cups of sugar in it, it certainly won't spoil!!  It may give us diabetes but it won't spoil!!  I can feel my pancreas just quivering when I even think about spreading it on my toast!!  It sure tastes good though!!
Laundry was next.  John got the quad ready for me and I loaded it with the dirty quad clothes from the long weekend and headed over to the laundromat.  When I arrived, there was an old Indian fellow sitting out on the bench in front of the laundromat and he said that he had never ever seen anyone ride a quad to the laundromat.  He did mention I had a "nice" ride.  I told him "only in Leoville" can one ride their quad to the laundromat!!
The triple loader wash machine was available so all the quad clothes went into that one.  They were covered with trail mud and corruption so I was happy that the big machine was open.  I had another load also and that went into a double loader.
While the clothes were being done, I took the quad to the carwash and gave it a good cleaning as well.  Man, it was as dirty as the quad clothes.  $8.00 later, it was sparkling clean.
Finally back at the bus, I unloaded and was prepared to sit and have a cold beer.   John had been working on the jeep most of the day and it was 5:00 o'clock so it was time for a cold one.  When we were sitting there he remembered that we were out of propane in the man cave for the heater so I got back on the quad and took the little tank over to get refilled.  While there I also filled the quad up then headed back to the yard to drop off the first propane tank and pick up the second one.  Might just as well fill both of them and then they will be ready for the trip South as well.  We will refill all the propane tanks in Malta Montana when we cross the border and that in turn will get us to Wickenburg where we get a free tank every now and again.
Once that job was complete, John decided that we needed to clean up a few more piles of dirt around the fence posts so we did another side of the fence.  Man, thanks to the rain the other day, the dirt was quite a bit heavier.  Not cool!!  We now only have two sides left to do and it will be done and looking much better.
With all our jobs done for the day, we retired into the man cave and sat in front of the heater enjoying a few beverages.  Hogan was once again wrapped up in his sleeping bag!!
Gourmet scrambled egg sandwiches were on the supper menu tonight and they were delicious!!  Ya, that's right.....they were scrumpdiliicious!!  Bed followed shortly there after and after lifting so many shovelfuls of wet dirt onto the truck, lying down was a good thing and my back was more than happy to just relax.


No comments:

Post a Comment