Monday, September 10, 2012

Sunday, September 2/2012

It is cloudy and rainy and windy this morning and not nice at all.  I think the man cave will come it very handy today.  I guess a day without rain is just too much to ask.
The guys are supposed to be going fishing today but right now it doesn't look too good.  There is nothing worse that having to battle rain and wind when you are trying to have a leisurely day of fishing.
As the skies dictated, the rains came and soon all was wet.  There was the start of a "lake" in the pathway between the trailer and the shop and that would only get nastier as the rains continued.
Cody had stopped by for a quick visit and mentioned that Josh and him were going to ride some of the trails around Chitek, so Casey decided to go for a ride in the rain with them.  He was quickly loaded up and gone.
It is trash can turkey day today so I headed to the soggy garden to dig potatoes and carrots.  Casey had brought up my electric roaster so that is where I was planning on cooking them.
The Saskatchewan Roughriders are playing football today in the annual labour day classic against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers so everyone is hoping for a win.
There are a few die hard football fans in the group so anyone who wanted to see the game, came into the motorhome to watch it.  Man, will it ever be nice to get the big screen TV up and running in the man cave next year.
While the game was on, I stood at the counter peeling potatoes and carrots for tonight's supper.
Halfway through the game, John had to get the briquettes started for the turkey.  Because it was still half assed rained outside and the wind was blowing like a bugger, we decided to cook in the shop.  It wasn't until we actually got the briquettes out that I noticed that they were the Match light ones and not just plain normal briquettes.  Oh Dear, I hope they work the same as the other ones!!
Oh well, it is too late to do anything about it now so we carried on as we normally do.
The turkey was put on tho cook and I kept my fingers crossed that all would turn out well.  Jesus, this is just too much stress for me....all these folks to feed....Ok Marie, stop it.....I think I could make myself crazy!!
While the turkey cooked, and the football game progressed ( Saskatchewan was in the lead), I got the rest of the meal ready.  Gravy, dressing (can't have turkey with out stuffing), corn, and all the condiments were soon ready.
The time came for getting the turkey out from under the trash can and to my great relief, it was cooked!!  Yea, now as long as it tasted good, I could deem this whole operation a success.  The skin on the bird was charred but the heat had not dried the meat and that was a very good thing.  We had got it out from under the trash can just in time.  These briquettes seemed to burn hotter and had a bit of a smell to them.  Unfortunately, the smell seemed to transfer to the meat a bit and although most folks said it was good, I could taste it and was not happy at all.  In fact, I would never use anything but the regular old style briquettes ever again.  Shit, Shit, Shit!!!  I absolutely HATE when thing don't come together!!
Birthday cake came next as Jace is 29 years old tomorrow.  After a rather melodious rendition of happy birthday, the cake was cut and consumed and I must say, it was delicious.  Thank you Gloria for bringing it for all of us to enjoy.
With supper over, and the weather still shitty, Bernie and Gloria packed up and started back to Saskatoon as Don and Debbie were headed back to Yorkton and would be staying at their place tonight before carrying on to Yorkton tomorrow.  I can't say that I really blame them as the whole day has been pretty lousy weather wise.
Once the travellers left, the kaiser tournament that had started earlier in the afternoon restarted and the partying went on into the wee hours of the morning.  I was tired and went to bed early.  My back was aching and so was the rest of me.  Although, considering that I had drove the quad all day yesterday, I was in better shape than the last time I rode it on the trails.
I am not sure when everyone went to bed but I am sure it was late...or should I say early (in the morning)!!



Happy 29th Jace




No comments:

Post a Comment