Monday, September 17, 2012

Friday, September 14/2012

The sun was shining this morning when I awoke and Hogan was lying up on the dash just soaking it all in.  He is as warm as toast in that window.
I think it is going to be a wonderfully warm day today so I had better get into the shower then start on the blueberry jam I want to make.  I don't want to be doing it this afternoon if the sun is going to continue to shine.  It will make it too hot in the bus.
I have to work a night shift tonight so must get a uniform ironed so that I am not doing that at the last minute either.
The blueberry jam came together nicely and it will be good when we are down in Arizona this winter.  It will remind me of home and all the cold weather we are trying to avoid!!
John was busy today again working on the jeep and I decided to make a pot of borscht from some of the fresh beets growing in the garden.  I had to head over to the store for some stewing meat and once that was prepared and in the pot, I picked some beets and some carrots, peeled and diced them and added them to the pot as well.  Before too long it was ready and I had a bowl of freshly made borscht (loaded with fresh dill, by the way) before heading to work the night shift.
Dave wandered over for a short visit and mentioned that him and Shirley would be heading into Saskatoon for the gun show and were hoping to buy some sort of a rifle for this year's hunting season.  I guess we won't be going riding then if they are headed to the city and that is OK with me cause then I can just come home after work tomorrow morning and sleep and not have to worry about waking up at noon and hitting the trails.  There are two football games on tomorrow so we are happy with just having a quiet day and watching the games.
Since tonight's football game was on when I left, John went over to Gary's and watched the rest of it over there before heading back to the lonely old bus (since I wasn't there!!) and the bed that he had all to himself!!  I am sure he will have a lousy sleep tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment