Monday, September 17, 2012

Tuesday, September 11/2012

It rained most of the night and the wind has been blowing right along with it.  The awning is holding its own although it does tend to make a bit of noise in the wind.
As the day progressed, the rains continued and the wind got worse.  Eventually, John and I had to roll    the awning in as the wind was coming under it and attempting to put the whole damn thing in Shirley's yard!!   I swear there were a few times that I thought the bus was going to accompany it!!
It blew hard all day and John and I kept an eye on the very tall evergreens across the street because I swear,  the tops of them were swaying side to side at least 8 feet.  I said several times that one of these days, they will end up lying across, or in, or through Dave and Shirley's roof!!  Either way, it will be ugly.  I would be inclined to have the darn things chopped down before that happened or, at least have about 30 feet cut off the tops of them.  These evergreens are VERY tall!!
John worked on the jeep for a bit again today and is making progress.  He now knows why the brake light kept coming on every now and again and that is because some bozo had it hooked into the light switch so every time the headlights were on bright, the brake light came on!!  Go figure!!  It sounds like the wiring is quite a mess.  It is a good thing that John is a pro at wiring jeeps as he rewired Frankenjeep in the desert two years ago right from the back bumper to the front one.
It is quiet in town today as the wind and the rain is keeping many folks inside.  I don't think Gary even went to work today and can certainly understand why.  With the powerful wind that is blowing combined with the rain,  I can just imagine the danger he would be in climbing on the roofs of the customers wanting their satellite dish installed.  Better to be safe than sorry.
There is supposed to be a frost warning out for tonight and I can sure see why as the heater has been running all day just to take the chill out of the air here in the bus.  I am so glad that I dealt wth the cucumbers and tomatoes the other day.  Now I don't have to run outside in this lousy weather and cover plants with blankets that would surely be in the neighbour's yard by the morning unless they were weighed down securely.
Perhaps tomorrow will be better and we can get some more yard work done.
Hogan and I curled up in bed hoping for sunshine -  another day over and done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment