Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sunday, September 9/2012

It was an extremely busy night shift last night and I am more than happy to be home and headed to bed.
The Riders play football this morning at 11:00 a.m. so I have to sleep fast.  They will in all likelihood, require my assistance on the field today.  It is the annual bango bowl and a must to win!!
I heard the church bells ringing at 10:45 (like they do every Sunday) and knew I had to be out of bed in 15 minutes to catch kickoff.  The next thing I remember is waking up, looking at my watch and noting that it was 12:30!!!  Shit, they started without me!!
As it turned out, the Riders did win and Rider Nation was once again the champs of the Bango Bowl!! Take that all you Blue Bomber fans!!
It was an absolutely beautiful day out and John and I spent much of the day gathering up all his nice little piles of dirt, clay and cement and loading it onto Old Blue.  I even threw the garden refuse on the truck since we were going to be making a trip out into the forest to dump it.  The bears can enjoy a treat of cucumber and tomato vines.
Shirley came over looking for her camera (John had borrowed it to download her pics off it from the long weekend) as they had just returned from a fishing trip to Island Lake and she had caught the two biggest fish.  She was so excited that she had managed to out fish Dave and Jeff and was going to really rub it in!!
John and I wandered over there to see the size of her catch and stayed over there while they filleted them.
Gary and Arlene had gone fishing in Chitek Lake earlier today and had come back with only one that Arlene caught (about 5 pounds) while Gary's were smaller and had to be thrown back.  They then returned to Leoville and had taken the quad out for another little ride.
While I was heading back to the bus for another refreshment, I noticed that Gary and Arlene had returned from their ride so told them to come for a beer and see Shirley's big catch.  They did and while we watched them weigh and fillet the fish, we enjoyed a few refreshments.  Shirley's fish weighed in at 9 1/2 and 8 pounds.  She was beaming and with the rest of their catch, they ended up with several bags of fillets.  Although I hate the smell of fish, I do love eating it and wished for a feed of fresh fish.
I told Gary that we would take our little boat down to Island this coming weekend and do some fishing and perhaps we too could catch our limit.
John mentioned that it was time for us to take a trip to the forest to dump that load on the truck and Dave said that he would take it and fill in some of the deep depressions he has in his back yard.  Well that is good, then we don't have to haul it out to the forest.  That works for us!!
Fence posts are in





Cleaning up the dirt
It was soon time to head back to the bus and once there, John started a fire and we sat around the campfire for several hours enjoying one of the few nice evenings.  No rain, no wind and no cold... WOW!!  IT was a beautiful evening which ended with a great steak and baked potato supper.  I even made caesar salad to accompany the meal.   It was a great finish to another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment