Saturday, September 22, 2012

Wednesday, September 19/2012

Although it is cloudy again this morning, I can see patches of blue and the sun looks like it will be shining at some point today.
I have lots of jobs to do again today so will continue with the "TO DO" list I have made for myself.  Today, I think it will be cleaning the outside of the windows and tidying up the bays under the bus.  I had a coke spring a leak under there at some point during the summer and it spewed its contents into one of the big bins.  Thank heavens everything under there is in bins so the mess was totally contained!!
I should also take a load of laundry over and get it done so that I have a clean pair of jeans to wear to North Battleford tomorrow when Mom Wourms and I hit the stores there.  She is headed to Battleford to shop and wondered if I would ride in with her.  Well, it will be a bit of a chore but I think I could force my self to go SHOPPING!!!  Woo Hoo!!
Dave came over this morning to inform us that he was headed to Shellbrook today to take his quad back for warranty work.  John had wanted to go with him and take our quad into Prince Albert for warranty work as well.  He would be leaving around noon so John got ready, took the quad over then the two of them headed out.
That left me here alone to get some of the stuff off my "to do" list.  I started in the kitchen with the dishes then cleaned the inside of the windows.  I then got the ladder out and cleaned the outside of the windows.  WOW!!  I can now see out of the windows and wonder if it really was cloudy all last week!!  I then decided to clean the big bay under the bus so got the vacuum out and used it.  I also cleaned up the bin the pop bottle leaked in and straightened out the bins.  I then went into the storage trailer and straightened the front end of it out.  I rearranged some of the boxes and stacked them neatly and stored my canning supplies in there as well.
Next, I turned my attention to the garden and started cutting some of the swiss chard for Gary.  He had mentioned that I could freeze some for him - wink wink nod nod so, I did just that!!   He now has 9 bags of swiss chard to add to his freezer.
While I was in the waiting for the chard to wilt down, I started pulling up the beans and once that was done, I pulled up the dill.  Now the garden is quite barren as all that remains is the beets and what is left of the swiss chard and one tiny tim tomato plant.  We definitely need to make a forest run to get all this garden refuse dumped.
John and Dave returned at 4:30 with tales of their adventures.  They saw a for sale sign along the road for an acreage and had to stop and check out the joint.  They wandered through all the buildings and even the house (which smelled musty).  John said we are going to move and I said "not bloody likely"!!  They did manage to find the skull from a cow and brought it home for the man cave.  There are great plans to put a couple of red lightbulbs in the eye sockets - wow - what a conversation piece!!  It must be a guy thing!!
Because the sun was still shining, we sat outside and enjoyed and a few cold ones  eventually heading into the man cave to wait for Shirley to get off work.  Shirley arrived soon enough and we had a few with her as well.  It was soon time for all of us to think about supper and we all headed to our respective kitchens to create culinary wonders!!
It was a fun evening but now it was time to head to bed and think about tomorrow.  I have shopping to do in North Battleford with Gale.

Hogan checking out the new find

No comments:

Post a Comment