Monday, September 17, 2012

Wednesday. September 12/2012

The winds continued through out the night eventually dying down as dawn neared.  Now, as I arise, the sun is shining and there is only a breeze ruffling the leaves on the trees.  It looks like it will be a nice day and at this time of year around here, we really like that!!
I was not able to get onto the computer this morning as it had run out of FAP so was in super slow mode.  Since I am not a patient person, I closed it down and read my book instead!!
When John got up, we were unable to continue our game of scrabble (sorry, Words with Friends - which really isn't friendly at all!!) so I brought out the Yahtzee game and proceeded to get my ass kicked in it too.  I see that things have not changed there either!!  Oh well, I could win, it could happen!!  I live in hope!!
With the game over, it was time to get busy and get to work.  I had a batch of relish that needed to be cooked up so started that while John headed out to the shop to continue the wiring of the dash.  Today, he is to get the stereo and speakers hooked up so that we could have some awesome tunes.  Woo Hoo.
Once I got the relish done and had informed my sister that I had another 4 quarts for her, I headed to the shop to see what was in the freezers that had to be used up before we headed South.
I noticed that there were still strawberries and raspberries in there that needed to be made into jam.  Oh Dear, I thought I was done with all this canning crap!!  OK, so I know what I will be doing tomorrow!!
I headed over to the store to pick up more canning supplies - jam requires LOTS of sugar so that was definitely on the list.  Also, I noticed that the beer level was getting low in the fridge so had to add that to the list as well.
Once I returned, it was time to start thinking about what to prepare for supper and thought that pizza sounded simple and good so made that up so it was ready when John decided to crawl out of the jeep wiring project.
We had ordered some fence boards from the lumberyard in Spiritwood on Monday and it arrived today.  We quickly unloaded it and knew what project was on the agenda for the next few days.   John wants to fence the area where the little storage trailer will be sitting before we leave this Fall so I better get my work boots on!!
With the wood safely off the truck and piled neatly on the ground, we headed into the bus and had supper.  The pizza was ok but it sure wasn't as good as the ones I made in Arizona!!
TV took up the rest of our evening with both John and I helping the drivers on Ice Road Truckers then scooting off to Texas to catch feral pigs with the American Hoggers!!  Ya, that's right .....  I have no life!!
Hogan and I then headed to bed while John waited for the FAP to return to the computer so that he could upload pics to this blog.     Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment