Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tuesday, September 25/2012

Another nice day is upon us and I had better get into gear as there are still things on my list that need to be done.
As I sit here this morning enjoying my coffee, Sheldon has arrived next door to rototill Shirley's garden.  He does a wonderful job and I am getting the itch to have my garden ready for the tiller as well.  When I was working yesterday, Shirley was visiting relatives in the home and mentioned that she had no plans to plant her garden next year and I was welcome to use the space for myself.  I said I would think about it and mentioned that if I did, I would definitely need a small rototiller for between the rows.   That would certainly make the job of weed control a whole lot easier.
John headed into the shop to work on the jeep (gee, I am getting tired of writing that in this blog!!) and I headed into the garden.  The carrots are on my radar today and once they are picked, the produce is all harvested.
I managed to get the carrots dug and then sat outside and cleaned them all.  I then put them into bags and got 5 big ziploc bags of them.  Gee, for "only a few" left in the row, I got plenty!!  I will give Gary a couple of bags, use one or two myself and anything left over can be left with my sister.  I am sure she will appreciate them as well.
With the carrots done, it was time for me to relax for the day!!  I took my kindle and sat in the sunshine with a cool one while John continued on the jeep.  Eventually, he put in his four hours of wiring and called it a day, joining me in the sunshine and enjoying the last of it.
Once the sun was gone, it was time to head inside and get down to the business of watching tonight's premiere TV shows.
I had walked to the store earlier to buy something for supper and decide to roast a chicken so, had put it into the slow cooker and by the time the sun was gone, the food was ready.  Roast chicken, potatoes and what else......carrots!!
We spent a quiet evening in front of the TV.  I am scheduled to work in the morning so hopefully, I can get a good night's sleep and be ready to go in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment