Friday, September 21, 2012

Tuesday, September 18/2012

Not surprising, it is cloudy and dreary out again this morning.  Gosh, how I miss the sunshine in the morning.  I have lots to do today as it is getting down to the wire for getting things done and starting to head South.
Today, I will concentrate on getting the garden cleaned up.  The potatoes and the onions need to be dealt with and I really should do some of the swiss chard up in packages for Gary.
The bus windows need to be cleaned and the bays under the bus need a good cleaning and straightening up.  Hopefully the sun breaks through all this lousy cloud coverage and I am able to get on with my jobs.
Well, the sun did eventually shine but it wasn't until the evening.  It remained cloudy all afternoon but we did manage to get several jobs done anyway.
I got all the potatoes and the onions out of the garden and now they are drying off in the shop.  I was actually surprised at the amount of potatoes I did get and although many of them are small, they will still be tasting pretty darn good next to a pork chop or a roasted chicken!!
John got the grass cut and I suppose that will be the last time it needs to be done this season.  The bus was due for a sewer dump so we did that as well and before parking it on the lot, John cut the grass where it had been sitting for the past month.  Man, the bus sure plays havoc with the grass.  There are huge patches pretty much dead where we sit.  We won't really worry about that this year as next year we have to have the water and sewer trenched into the lot so there will be even more havoc on the grass.  After all the trenching is done, then we can start getting the yard into shape.
Once the bus was parked and the grass cut, I took the quad over to the car wash for a bath and when I returned, John was busy laying the last five cement sidewalk block down beside the shop for a sidewalk.  Now isn't he the busiest little beaver around!!  It will look good once we complete the sidewalk next year.  I think we will need about five or six more blocks to get it done.  At least this easy, when it rains we will not have to wade through a lake to get around to the other side of the building!!
Our jobs for the day were finally done and it was time to have a cool one and enjoy the sunshine.  Eventually, it too disappeared and it was time to head into the bus and the warmth that it offered.  Man, it sure gets chilly out in the evenings now and with the official start of Fall arriving this Friday, I guess that is all we can expect.
Once again, I am stiff and sore from all that bending over in the garden but I am sure glad that it is slowly getting cleared out.
We spent a quiet evening watching TV.
Got the blocks laid down

A nice sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment