Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday, September 3/2012

Monday, and the sun is shining for the most part although there are still some looming clouds around which could still hold some rain.
The kids will all be leaving for home today and it will once again be quiet in the yard.  Casey was up early this morning and brought me the two dogs that had slept with him.  They both needed to go out to pee so he brought them to me to "look after" while he went back to sleep.  This morning, I am having coffee with the three dogs again.  Hogan is lying on the dash, Roxy has taken over his chair and Yogi is lying on the floor.  Although they don't carry much of the conversation, they have been my morning company for two days now!!
As the morning progressed and the kids filtered out into the daylight, we sat around in the much needed sunshine enjoying coffee and just "getting into gear" for the packing up and driving home that was yet to come.
Kimmy and I cooked breakfast and it wasn't long after that,  that the kids started their engines and started heading home.  They all looked tired and despite the lousy weather, all said that they had had a good time.
Jace and Kim were the last to leave and then, we were finally alone.  Man, what a weekend.  Although I am tired, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat (minus the lousy weather!!).
I did some dishes as I was having some issues seeing to top of the counter and just as I finished that job,  Gary and Arlene came over for a visit.
We sat outside for a bit then moved into the man cave (Arlene had yet to see the finished product) where we were out of the wind and could actually turn on the heater and sit in comfort.  Man, I think summer is over as it sure is chilly now once the sun goes down.  How can that be, Hell, it is only the beginning of September!!
They only stayed a short time and then John and I settled in front of the  TV for the rest of the evening. Man, it is good to just sit, not have to think and just veg out!!  Supper was simple fair.  John had toasted turkey sandwiches and I had left over dressing, corn and gravy!!  Not really what one would consider gourmet, but it sure tasted good!!
Bed soon followed and I watched TV in the prone position until I fell asleep.   Life is good!!



No comments:

Post a Comment