Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Wednesday, August 29/2012

I am up early this morning and feel good.  The weather, on the other hand looks lousy.  It is dull and grey out and looks like we will be getting more rain.  Oh good, the trails aren't wet enough yet!!
I have lots to do today so I got started early.
I got the beets out of the fridge and got them boiling in the syrup and before long, had them bottled and done.
Next came all that relish.  My wrists were tired after draining it and squeezing it with a dish towel but that too got done and before I knew it, the relish was done and bottled.  Man, I am making good time today and John isn't even out of bed yet!!
With the dishes done, I finally sat down and enjoyed a cup of coffee.  John got up and we finished our game of scrabble that we started yesterday.  I WON!!  Woo Hoo!!  I know it will come as a real news flash for those of you who actually follow this blog but I am as lousy at scrabble as I am at yahtzee and when I win I really like to celebrate!!  How much better can this day get!!
I took a quick trip to the store for some final supplies for the weekend and when I got back to the bus made some pickled eggs for the corner of the bar.  What self respecting bar doesn't have pickled eggs for its patrons?
John went over to Dave's to pick up our boat as he wants to wire the bilge pump.  Apparently that needs to be done before we hit the water with it.  Hell, what the heck is a bailing can for?
With the bilge pump now working, I started with the cleaning.  The boat has been sitting outside in the elements for a few years now without a tarp.  The tarp that was on it has long since deteriorated and left behind shreds of blue plastic.  These shreds are everywhere inside the boat and a good vacuuming is in order.  However, remember the deluge of rain we got the other day?   Well the carpet in the boat is soaking wet!!  It will need a day or two in the sun to dry out!!
The top of the boat looked like it had barnacles growing on it so I got out the SOS pad and started scrubbing.  The whole thing cleaned up rather nicely and for the price we paid for it, well I don't think we can complain!!  It will work wonderfully well for fishing.  Man, I could catch "the big one" with it. Ya, that's right....it could happen!!
With the boat clean and sparking, John and I sat in the man cave for a few refreshments and then it was time to prepare supper then head to bed.  There is lots to do again tomorrow and the long weekend looms closer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment