Thursday, September 13, 2012

Wednesday, September 5/2012

Well, it is rather dreary out again this morning.  Gosh, I think the good Lord has forgot about us and has left us out in the rain!!  Could this be the start of another 40 days of rain??
George is over this morning starting the fence building.  Him and his son Jordan are marking the boundary now and then the post hole auger is coming in and all the holes will be dug today as well.
Both Shirley and Romeo where out and about watching the goings on and both informed me that there was dog poop in their yards from the weekend.  Being the good neighbour that I am, I quickly grabbed my pooper scooper and off I went to clean up the messes!!  Oh I will be so glad to get the fence up as then I will only have to deal with the pooper scooper in my own yard.  With the fence up, it will be less stressful for everyone as no one will have to be constantly wondering where their dog is.
I wandered over to the store today to pick up a few more canning supplies as there is enough cucumbers to do another batch of relish so I must get on that this weekend.
I boiled up a huge pot of beets today for Jan's pickled beets.  Once they were cooked, I sliced them up so now all that needs to be done is the juice and then they can be bottled.  She will have lots of beets and relish to get her through the winter.
I cleaned up the man cave today and swept the floor.  With all the action going on in there this past weekend, it is a good thing that the floor is cement.  It was an easy clean up.  John had dealt with all the empty beer cans earlier so the bar just needed a wipe and soon, the man cave was back to clean and tidy.  I swept out the "divet" (from where the wall once stood between the two rooms) so that it was ready for cement when ever George decided to fill it.
Leon arrived in the yard with the post hole auger and managed to get about half the holes dug before he had to leave.  I guess he will be finishing up the holes tomorrow which actually works out well as John has now decided to use the 4x4 treated fence posts to do all the fence in instead of the metal posts for the wire.  We will need 26 more posts so there is a trip into Spiritwood planned for tomorrow.  I guess we had better take all the cans into Sarcan, when we go.  Hell, that just might pay for the posts!!
John was busy most of the day putting in the new dash in the jeep.   He purchased the new dash when we were down in the Arizona and is just now finally getting it into "Old Yella".
We called it a day when it started getting chilly outside and sat in the man cave and had a few refreshments sitting in front of the heater until it was time to head in and get supper ready.
Fish and chips tonight with a side of coleslaw.  Mmmm, it was good.  I have had a craving for fish and chips for a week now and today, I finally appeased it.
Hogan is toasty


Enjoying the heat

A shower and bed soon followed and then I slipped into a deep sleep.   All in all, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment