Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday, September 10/2012

It is John's Mom's birthday today so I must make a quick call to her and wish her a happy birthday.  She is 79 years old today and going strong.
The sun is shining today and that is nice to see again.  I have to do something with all those huge cucumbers today and it looks like relish and more fridge pickles are in my future.
I started with the fridge pickles and once they were out of the way, I got out my food processor and started with the relish.  I chopped all the necessary ingredients and then set is aside to sit overnight.  It will have to be finished tomorrow.  Then and only then, will I finally be done with all the pickling unless I get another burst of energy and so some more pickled beets but I am hoping not!!
The rest of the potatoes need to be dug out of the ground and I think the green and yellow beans are beyond saving so they need to be pulled up and sent to the garbage.  That only leaves the dill and the carrots left in the garden and once they are dealt with, the garden can be rototilled and left for next year.  Things are all coming together and with us already thinking about the trip down South, that is a good thing.  One less thing off the "to do" list.
We were able to get more of John's little piles of dirt and cement onto the truck before the rains came (where the hell did that come from!!).  We sat in the garage until the rain had stopped.  Romeo, our elderly neighbour came over and brought a couple of beer over to share with us to thank us for leaving his driveway intact.  Our yard boundary cuts into his driveway and had the power line not been in the way,  the fence would have taken up three quarters it.  Fortunately for him, we had to move the fence to accommodate the power line which left his driveway intact.  He was very appreciative of us moving the fence over 5 feet and brought a beer over for us as his way of saying thanks.
Once the rain stopped, we finished off some of the piles of dirt and are slowly making our way around the yard.
John cooked ribs for supper and they were delicious.  It was then a quiet evening spent watching TV and Hogan and I were in bed before too long watching the start of The Voice.  John was busy watching the NFL.  I am soooo glad we have two TVs in this bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment