Friday, September 21, 2012

Monday, September 17/2012

I am up early this morning and Oh My God, I did not realize that I had so many muscles that could ache all at once!!  Even my neck is stiff this morning!!  Did someone hit me with a truck yesterday because that is what it sure feels like!!  Oh the price one pays for having a good time!!
Because it is so early (7:00 a.m.) it is still rather dreary out so I am hoping that as the morning progresses, we will see the sun.
I just returned a phone call to Casey this morning, as I noticed that he had called four times yesterday while we were out on the trails.  He had a bit of a crash last week on his quad and has had a sore back ever since.  He had gone to the hospital via ambulance where he had xrays and was subsequently released.   At the time, all I could say was "stupid hurts" and he agreed.  Hard to rag on someone when they know they made some poor choices and ended up hurt and off work.  He was planning to return to work today but when he went for his physician return to work form, was informed that he was to be off work for at least 3 more weeks as he had sustained a compression fracture of his thoracic vertebra number 12 and his lumbar vertebra number 1 with the possibility of T 11 and L2 being involved as well!!  WOW, now isn't that great.  I wonder if they bothered to inform him of that when they discharged him or if they did and he failed to mention that little ditty to his mother who, being an orthopedic nurse for 30 years is more than aware of the implications of an injury such as this.  I say again "stupid hurts" and this one will affect him for the rest of his life.  Oh well, it could always be worse, he could have ended up paralyzed for life so he will live with this and be glad it wasn't any worse.
The sun did shine today but there was still lots of cloud coverage.  John has decided to park the trailers back where they belong since the fence is done along where the silver storage trailer will sit.  It was quite a gong show getting it parked close enough to the fence to please John and eventually he got frustrated with my directions (I think he wanted to pull his hair out but....he has none to pull!!) and told me to get behind the wheel and he would direct me!!  OH DEAR - I only stalled the truck 7 times!!!  I didn't think anyones eyeballs could roll back in their head that far!!  He really needs to learn to take a deep breath once in a while, stop and smell the roses and just RELAX!!  Eventually, the trailer got parked and although he says it is closer to the fence now after him directing me....I think it is in the same spot I directed him to!!
We then got the rest of the dirt from the remaining post holes picked up and on the truck and will see if Dave will want to take this final load as well.   He has been using it to level out his back yard.
With our today jobs all done, it was time to sit and enjoy what was left of the sunshine.
Storage railer is parked

Fence from neighbours side 


John and Hogan relaxing

What the fence will look like when done


Last load of dirt
Dave had gone out to check his trail cam and stumbled upon a recent cougar kill of a deer.  He said there were cougar tracks all over the area and the kill was pretty much consumed.  The ravens were having a chow down but most of the meat had been eaten already.  It must have been killed either yesterday or early this morning as Dave was out there on Friday checking his trail cam.  Being that it was a little buck, Dave took the head as the antlers were still intact.  Drats, I could have used that matching set of antlers for the man cave - more hat hooks!!
Gary and Arlene wandered over for a beer as tonight is Arlene's last night here in Leoville.  She is headed home to Winnipeg tomorrow morning so it was time to bid her goodbye.  She had a great time while she was here and she is always lots of fun.  We have invited her to Arizona for a break from the winter cold but I am sure that it won't be till next Spring that we see her/
As the evening progressed it got chillier and chillier and I was soon wrapped in a blanket.  Gosh, I hate this cold weather.
With everyone heading home for their supper, John threw the pork chops on the grill while I cooked up garden potatoes and fresh carrots.  Mmmm....so good.
Tonight, some of the new fall shows are premiering on the TV so that is how we spent the evening.  At least it is warm inside the bus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment