Friday, December 7, 2012

Wednesday, December 5/2012

I did not sleep well last night and am up early.  The sun is just rising and I head outside to see if there are any baby javalina out.  No luck again this morning.
The coffee is on and it is starting to perk so that will get my day off to a good start.  I have more staining to do today and the walls need another coat or two of varathane.  I will get the walls done before John is ready to put up the kitchen cabinets as they will be dry by the time we have to smash and crash around with them.  Oh I can hardly wait!!
The cabinets are now up and actually, they went up fairly well.  I guess the putting up and taking down from yesterday prepared us for today!!  Kay was over at the time (checking progress) and helped hold them so the whole process went rather smoothly.  I now have a complete set of kitchen cabinetry!!  Woo Hoo!!  Now I can wash the 12 place setting I got out of the abandoned trailer and get them into the cupboards!!  Things are coming together nicely.  The next big job is to lay the flooring.
I got the last of the staining done on the trim and am glad of that although there will still be more to do once the kitchen/living room floor is done.
We are out of firewood so I phoned "the wood guy" and ordered some and it will be delivered tomorrow afternoon.  Now the area where it will be stacked, need to be cleaned and prepared.  Kay is a good help and her and I started to move several rocks from the area and trimmed the miserable mesquite tree so that the nasty thorns from it do not interfere with the stacking.  John took the chainsaw and chopped down a huge ugly railroad tie that had been put into the ground for Lord only knows what and Ray was busy shovelling the rocks and debris into the wheelbarrow so they could be hauled into the desert on the other side of the fence.  Before too long, with the four of us working like energizer bunnies, the area was ready for the wood and, it was happy hour!!  Really!!  Now doesn't time fly when you are having fun!!
John put out the birdseed tonight so that we could watch the "show" (I was too tired to bother!) and the four or us sat out until it got chilly.  It was an early evening for all of us.  I had put a roast into the slow cooker earlier and John sat around the campfire burning the last bits of wood while I finished preparing supper.
It was early to bed for me as it will be another busy day tomorrow.  Gee, I wonder how many more fingernails will be broken tomorrow once I start helping stack a cord of firewood?
Oh, P.S. and by the way.....Ray and Mitch saw a rattlesnake in the park today.  It had come out to sun itself.  Those damn things are supposed to be in hibernation but it has been so darn warm out that there are still a few stragglers around.  When asked if they had killed it, Ray said "no"....WHAT!!..... Lord Thundering Jesus!!  Now there is something else I need to be on the lookout for!!  Thanks  Guys!!
Cabinets are up

No comments:

Post a Comment