Saturday, December 29, 2012

Friday, December 28/2012

I am up early and feel rested and wonderful.  I really must get busy on the trailer floor today.  Enough of this lazing around.  Time to get to work.
First though...... coffee.
I headed into town for more varathane and a few groceries.  Once I was back to the park I got all the necessary equipment assembled and got ready to work.  Today, I decided to include the hallway in the varathane process so had to quickly get the junk out of the way and wash those boards.  Last year, I slapped on a coating of semi gloss to protect the stain over the summer so now I have to redo it with the gloss finish.  Once it was clean, the gloss went on without any trouble so I was happy about that.  I then added another coat of gloss to the kitchen/living room floor and waited for that to dry so that a second coat could be applied today.
While waiting for the first coat to dry, I threw some birdseed out and reached for my book.  It wasn't too long before a variety of feathered friends came around and enjoyed the seeds.
The second coat was applied and now the floor is starting to look a bit better.  When I was in town earlier, I spoke with the paint guy at the hardware store and realized that this gloss was going to be what I was bound to use and although it did not have the wonderful shine of the main bedroom, I am forced  to continue to use it.  Unfortunately, I can not remember what I used on the bedroom floor and can't seem to find anything similar.
Once the second coat was on and drying, the sun had started to go down and the chill was in the air.  John started a campfire and we sat around it.  Eventually, Ray and Kay joined us.  They had been working all day on their bathroom renovation and now have the new cabinets in place.  It looks great and once the bathroom sink and cabinet goes in, their renovation will be done.  Woo Hoo for them.
We sat around the fire for a few hours then it was time to head inside and eat supper.  No left overs tonight.  I made ribs, baked potatoes and broccoli.   Mmmmm!!
All in all, it was a good day with more work getting done on the trailer and eventually......we will get it done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment