Monday, December 17, 2012

Sunday, December 16/2012

The sun is shining this morning and there is not one rain cloud in sight.  The sky is a wonderful blue so I hope the rain is gone for a while.  At least until the ground has had a chance to dry.  There is snow on the tops of the mountains that are to the East of us.
The birds are singing happily as they too are probably glad the rain have finally left the area.  I let Hogan out through the back gate then threw some bird seed out to my feathered friends.  Ray usually feeds them in the morning and I feed them in the evening but today, the sun is shining and I felt like they needed an extra treat.
I got one more layer of varathane on the spare bedroom floor today so work in that room is at a standstill until it dries.  I am not real happy with the way it is going on and will talk to the lumber yard on Monday to see what else I can use.  I know it was not this stuff that I used on the master bedroom floor. Hmmmmm.....think Marie - what was the name of that stuff!!
Since the sun was shining, I took the opportunity to sit outside and enjoy it.  I had my coffee in one hand and my Kindle in the other.  I spent the afternoon out there.
The javalina came by for their treats and Kay took time out of her staining (they are doing a few renovations in their home as well) to enjoy their antics with me.   Mary Beth came down and the three of us watched as the javelina scrounged for the treats.
The three of us then retired into our trailer to sit and enjoy some conversation until it was time for Mary Beth to head home and get supper on the stove.  John joined us after Mary Beth left and we continued to sit around the fancy little Christmas Tree until it was time for the potatoes to go on the grill.
Once the potatoes were done, I headed into the bus to get the steak.  I started watching yet another Christmas movies and before I knew it,  John and Kay joined me and the three of us watched it together.  Kay "Mc Scrooge" had better watch out  or she will be hanging Christmas decorations before too long.  She claims to hate Christmas!!
John threw the steak on the bbq and when it was done, all three of us ate and it was delicious.  John went to bed shortly thereafter and Kay and I stayed up chatting about all things important!!  Eventually, we called it a night and Kay headed home while I finished watching one of the best movies ever....Doc Hollywood.  It was awesome and if you have not seen it then, you should go rent it.
It was lights out after that as I imagine that tomorrow is a work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment