Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tuesday, December 11/2012

It is chilly this morning,  I could see me breath when Hogan and I were out for his morning run.  I forgot to look at the dog dish but imagine it had a film of ice on it.
When I was in town yesterday to do laundry, I made an appointment with Shelly, my "American" hairdresser for a much needed cut and colour.  It is long past over due so am headed there today at 10:30.
I arrived at the salon and for the next two hours was "beautified" (Shelly guaranteed that!).   I then headed to the post office to mail Mom a Christmas card as last year, I mailed it too late and it did not arrive until after Christmas which, is so not good.  This year, I hope to correct that little mistake.   After the post office, I stopped at the hardware store and then the lumber yard.  I hope now I have all the supplies needed to finish off the trailer except for the one piece of plywood which will require the use of  Ray and Kay's truck.
Back at home, I unloaded my wares then got Ray's truck and headed back for the wood.  He gave me the brand new Toyota to drive so now I have to worry about scratching it!!  God, don't I have enough stress in my life....now you give me the new truck!!  Please Lord, help me again, just once more.
John was busy doing some finishing up here and there and now has the bedroom done.  All that is needed now is for me to stain the walls and then the floor can be started.  I keep saying that things are finally coming together and the end is in sight and it really is!!  Before calling it quits for the night, John looked at the pieces of trim I had just brought from the lumber yard and informed me that all of them were cut wrong.  They are only 2 1/2 inches wide when they are supposed to be 3.  WHAT!!!  Jesus, Mary and Joseph.....what next?  Let me just go hang myself!!  By the end of our day,  John decided to use these boards for the trim around the windows instead of returning them to the lumber yard.  Hell, that works for me!!
It was time for me to feed the desert creatures and I threw the food out and waited.  The birds and the javelina came and I had an hours entertainment before John started a fire and we moved to sit around it.  Hogan kept vigil on the javelina.
Ray and Kay went up to Mitch's to try the new horseshoe pegs out and came back with their seal of approval.   They worked great and now that there is sand around the pegs as well (Ray and Mitch hauled that earlier in the week), the pits are complete and ready for some heated competitions.
Both Ray and Kay joined us at the fire tonight and have invited us for a quad ride tomorrow.  With rain in the forecast, they wanted to go for one ride before we are "shut in" for a few days.  That sounded good to me.
I will have to make a quick trip to the store before the ride tomorrow as we usually have a wiener roast on the trail.  I had better get lot of sleep tonight as I will be riding my own quad tomorrow as Ray has offered his for me.   He is taking Henrietta - their side by side.
I am going to bed now...... goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment