Monday, December 17, 2012

Saturday, December 15/2012

It has rained all night and the ground in the yard is very soft.  It remains dreary and looks like rain will continue for the rest of the day.
After taking my time for a leisurely few cups of coffee, I decided that it was time to get into gear and get to work in the trailer.  There is nothing to do outside as it continues to rain.
I stained the spare bedroom floor and managed to get one coat of varathane on it today.  Now it can dry overnight and then I will put a second coat on tomorrow.
There is still a ton of trim that needs staining and I started that as well. After a few hours I am happy to say that it is all now done and I no longer have to deal with that any longer.  I am sure there will be touch ups that will need to be done but the majority of it is DONE!!   Woo Hoo!!
Because it was still raining, it was definitely not BBQ weather so I put a roast into the slow cooker earlier for some hot beef sandwiches later on.  The bus smells wonderful by the way.  Mmmm - nothing like the smell of roast cooking on a rainy day.  Why, it is almost as good as apple pie in the oven!!
John joined me in the trailer and we came up with a few more ideas for furnishings.  We then sat around in the kitchen and had a few refreshments while pondering what to do next.  It sound like the kitchen/living room floor is next.
Kay and Ray joined us in the trailer for a few refreshments and we laughed and enjoyed their company for the remainder of the evening.
I was lamenting about my laziness in not getting the Christmas tree up and Kay went into their shed and brought me their 32 inch fiber optic Christmas tree, sat it on the table and plugged it in.  She said "There, now you have your damn tree"!!  We shut off the lights and the four of us sat around the tree for the next few hours.  It was awesome and Kay really has no idea how she made my day.  Thanks Little Girl.
We partied on and then it was time to eat and go to bed.  All in all, it was a good productive day with a lot of the tedious work in the trailer getting done and then ending the day with many laughs and good times.   Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment