Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sunday, December 2/2012

More work done on the trailer today and now all the panelling is up on the walls except for one small piece by the front door.  It needs three light switches wired in and that is a job for tomorrow.  It is so nice to have the work coming along rather nicely.  I have a ton of staining to do on all the trim so my work is cut out for me.  I shall be the staining queen of the family when this job is finally done.
It was a nice day out today and both the birds and the javalina were out and about.
As usual, when the sun went down, the chill was in the air and John started a fire in the "ball of fire".  While doing so, he noticed that there were holes already burnt through the mesh at the top.  WHAT!!!  That  is a new fire pit and it sure should not have holes in it already!!  God, why can't they manufacture something that will last.  I guess that is what you get when you buy something Made In China!!  I knew we should have loaded the one Casey made for us in the trailer and brought it down with us!!
We were joined at the fire again tonight by Ray, Kay and Mitch.  Both Ray and Kay mentioned that they had seen tiny baby javelina outside the fence this morning.  They were maybe 6 inches tall and probably weighed about a pound.  Kay said they were so tiny and cute.  Unfortunately, no one got any pics of them so now I have to be on the lookout with my camera in hand.  Mom apparently was quite skittish and really did not come too close but I am sure I can get them if I zoom the lens.  Oh, I can hardly wait to see them.
We sat around the fire for a few hours and eventually everyone went home to their beds to catch some much needed rest.  I watched a bit of TV then it was lights out as there is a ton of stuff to do tomorrow and I fear I will need all my energy to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment