Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Monday, December 3/2012

I am up early (before sunrise) to see if I can catch a glimpse of the new babies.  There were two out and about but neither one had any babies with them.  Hopefully, later on today....
The hummingbirds are busy at their feeder and Hogan has yet to get up off his chair.  He is snoring and seems quite content!!
All the panelling in the living room and the kitchen is now done except for the two small pieces that will need to be hung after the cabinets get back on the wall.  I got the first coat of stain on the walls and tomorrow I hope to get another two on them.  It is all slowly coming together.
I decided that I had done enough for today and took some fresh birdseed out, threw it to the birds and sat in a chair with a cool Odoul's and waited for the quail, and the cardinals, and the doves to come and provide me with tonight's entertainment.  Kay joined me and the two of us sat out and enjoyed the show.  The mean old hummingbird was back and we witnessed a few scuffles between three of them.  The one is as nasty as he is pretty!!
The guys eventually joined us and the javalina arrived as well although, the new Mom was not with this bunch tonight.  So, I was not lucky enough to see the new babies.  Darn it anyway!!
John started a fire and we sat around it while supper was on the grill.  Then it was inside to watch some TV.  All in all, it was a good day with lots getting done in the trailer and ending the day around the fire.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment