Saturday, December 8, 2012

Friday, December 7/2012

The sun is shining this morning when I awake and it looks like it is going to be yet another nice day.  I really should do some laundry today but don't feel very ambitious so that may have to wait until next week.
Mom and her two babies - I just can't take too many pics
of these newborns

This one is grabbing a quick drink form Mom!!

Oh my....what big teeth you have


This one was tired and just needed a little lay down.

Baby following a younger Javelina - this is not the Mom

Both babies up close to our fence with a couple of younger javelina.
They are so curious and show no fear at all.
Hogan and I went for a short walk while the coffee perked.  There were tons of birds out and about eating the birdseed I had put out last evening.  They are sure enjoying it this morning!!  There were no Javalina around but Hogan was busy sniffing and checking out where they had been!  They seem to be leaving my agave plants alone now that I have added bigger, heavier rocks around the base of them to discourage the digging and foraging for their roots.  Take that, you stinky little things!!
We got a call from Larry and Ariane today and they are headed this way for a visit.  It is all you can eat fish and chips at the Seven tonight and Larry has a hunger on for them.  I have decided to cook lasagna tonight and invited them but they can decide what they want to do when they get here.
John was busy in the trailer today adding some trim around the cupboards.  He started without me and once I got there, I informed him that I did not like the way he was doing things and we had a HUGE "discussion" (ya, right!!) and I ended up not helping and instead, laid in the bed and read my book.  To hell with that - if I don't like it I am sure in the hell not going to help make something ugly.  I returned to the trailer an hour or so later (after feeding the birds and replenishing the hummingbird food) and we had another "discussion" and the offending trim was then ripped off the walls and put on the way I wanted it.  End of story - Now it looks much better!!  Shows what a lot of pouting and stomping your feet will do!
Happy hour was upon us and John, Kay and I sat out for the evening show.  Mom and the two newborns appeared and she is getting a bit braver with them.  Today she brought them around to our side of the mesquite tree where I had put some birdseed.  Mom was busy rooting around in it and not really watching the babies.  The little ones wandered over with a couple other younger Javelina and actually got very close to our fence.  They were quite curious and really showed no fear.  I imagine they don't really know about danger yet.  Mom however, was not Impressed by their little adventure and had them corralled in no time. Both of them I am sure getting a scolding for wandering away.
Larry and Ariane arrived just after the Javalina left.  Fortunately, the little beggar was still in the vicinity, and came around again and Larry was able to get pics of him.
Ariane brought us some oranges and lemons from  the trees around their site in Apache Wells (Mesa) and the oranges were so sweet and awesome. Mmmm.  Now I am for sure, going to plant an orange tree in the yard.
As the evening progressed, the chill set in and John got the campfire going and we all sat around it and enjoyed the warmth.  Ray, Kay and Mitch got to met Larry and Ariane and enjoyed chatting with them.  They left shortly after eight to head to the Seven for supper and we all wished them a safe trip home as they will be leaving on the 17th and driving their car back to Saskatoon for Christmas.
With their departure, I headed into the motor home for supper while John, Kay and Ray continued to sit around the fire.  I watched a movie then headed in for my nightly bath.  The three die hards were still sitting around the fire when I was done and I sat with them for about a half an hour before returning to the bus and climbing into bed to read for a bit.
The fire was allowed to die down and soon everyone was tucked safely into their beds.  Kay and I are driving Mitch to the airport tomorrow as he is heading to Utah for his annual elk hunt then will be staying with his daughter and her family for Christmas.  Perhaps we will stop at Walmart on the way home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment