Thursday, December 20, 2012

Wednesday, December 19/2012

The sun is shining this morning and I can hear the birds singing happily.  It is chilly in the bus this morning and I now wish I had bought two of those infrared heaters when they were on sale.  One could have sat here in the bus and one in the trailer.  Oh well, I am sure they will go on sale again and I will pick another one up then.

The half wall done and Marie is getting the floor stained
I took the time this morning to enjoy my coffee as I knew that today was going to be a busy day for me.  Once I got into gear, I started in the spare bedroom and put two coats of varathane on the walls.  It needs another couple of coats but I will let this dry really well overnight then finish that job tomorrow.
John got the half wall completed today so then I had no excuse not to start the staining of the floor.   With the extension attached to the roller, I poured the stain into the tray and started.  It went really well but I think I will have to put on two coats.  I want the floor the be quite dark so I think a second coat is a must.  Of course I am out of stain so will have to make a run into town tomorrow morning.
Once the staining was done for the day, I put some birdseed out and waited for the evening's entertainment.  A few birds came for the snacks but it was chilly and I soon sought the warmth of the inside of the bus.  The javalina had yet to appear.
Being chilled, I headed to the bathroom and an awesome bubble bath.
While I was cooking supper, I noticed that the javalina had arrived so I took a minute to go out and throw them their treats.  One of the original little babies was out there and I swear, he has grown several more inches and he is now pretty much the same colour as his Mom.
We spent a quiet evening tonight, relaxing in front of the TV.  It is nice not to have to do anything but "nothing"!!    Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment