Monday, December 10, 2012

Saturday, December 8/2012

I am up early and the sun is already up and shining brightly.  It is warm in the bus this morning as we bought a new infrared heater to use.  It is supposed to be 99% efficient so that makes it much better than the little electric heater we have been using to keep the chill out of the air.  It is not cold enough to leave the big propane heater going and this new one seems to be working very well.  It is thermostatically controlled and cuts out when the bus reaches temperature.
I am headed into Phoenix with Kay this morning.  We will be dropping Mitch off at the airport for his flight to Utah.
We leave at 10:30 and have Mitch at Sky Harbour, Terminal 4 by noon.  We drop him at the curb, wish him and Merry Christmas and a good elk hunt then start our trip back home.   I really did not feel like stopping at any Walmart on a Saturday, this close to Christmas so instead, Kay and I stopped at the Pottery Barn on Hwy 60.  What an incredible little store - actually it was two stores.  Each one had similar and yet different and unique products for sale.  I bought a string of clay pots that can hang beside the entrance to the trailer and also bought a set of ceramic numbers for the front of the trailer.  I also got a couple of sun motif tiles to sit on either side of the number tiles so that should look decent once they get into some sort of a holder and attached to the trailer.
When we arrived home, John was busy welding the horseshoe pegs for Mitch.  He had one almost done.  Ray had just returned from visiting his brother and brought a trail cam with him.  He told his brother about the brand new baby javalina and his brother wanted pictures so, sent his trail cam home with the hopes that it would take some good ones.
While Ray sat the trail cam up and John finished the last horseshoe peg, I put some birdseed out and threw some dog food out where the Mom usually brings her babies.  Hopefully she makes an appearance today.
The birds came and so did the javalina although the Mom remained elusive.  Ray decided to leave the trail cam up all night just to see what is moving around during the night.  It will be interesting to see.  Earlier today, (before we left to go to Phoenix with Mitch) Ray and Kay saw two deer in the empty acres outside the fence and both of them had fawns with them.  Of course neither one of them had their camera phones with them.  WHAT!!  Ray did mention to Kay that I was going to be mad once I heard what they saw and I had missed and, they were right!!  See what happens when I don't sit outside with my morning coffee??
As what now seems to be the norm, a fire was started and the chill of the evening was chased away.  It is a good thing we bought all that wonderful wood.  The potatoes were thrown on the grill and when they were just about done, I headed for my bubble bath.
When I returned, I had John cook my steak and then headed into the bus to eat and watched Christmas With The Kranks.  Ray decided not to join in the fire activities tonight (had enough last night I imagine) but John and Kay remained out by the fire until the wee hours of the morning. They ate steak and baked potato at 3:00 o'clock in the morning then went to sleep.  It was after four in the morning when it was finally quiet.    It has been a long day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment