Monday, December 31, 2012

Saturday, December 29/2012

It is chilly again this morning but the sun is on its way up and it will be much warmer once it rises and if it keeps shining, although, there is a bit of cloud coverage today.
The quail and the doves are busy with the leftover birdseed I threw out yesterday and are scrapping in amongst themselves.  They can sure be mean to each other!!
Once I am done with my coffee, I will be heading into the trailer to continue my quest for shiny floors.
Well..... there are now two more coats of varathane on the kitchen half wall and on the living room/kitchen floor and I think that is the last coats for the floor.  There is a nice shine to it now and I think I can live with it.  Besides, I am getting very tired of all this bloody painting!!  I want to see the trim go up and the fireplace go in and I would like that done sooner rather than later.  Is that asking too much?  I think not!!
John and I sat around the campfire again tonight.  It is Saturday night so that means it is steak and baked potato for supper and that requires a campfire and a few beverages!!  Life is tough here in the Arizona desert.
The javalina came around tonight.  There were 8 in this group and Mom was here with one of the original babies who is now getting quite big.  That little beggar was rummaging for food just like the others although he still sticks pretty close to his Mom.  Hogan was once again, not impressed with them being so close to the fence and was huffing and puffing like he was something to be dealt with!!  They have him on ignore most of the time!!
Marybeth came over for a quick visit while we were sitting by the fire.  She had been visiting with Ray and Kay and was feeling the chill in the air so headed home quickly.  Both Ray and Kay then joined us at the fire for a few refreshments.
I had just got out of the bathtub so was sitting by the fire in my PJs and a quilted shirt.  Of course Kay has to comment on my pink PJs when ever she sees them.  I think she is just jealous of how awesome I look in them and actually wants some of her own!!
I eventually headed into bed and watched TV while warming up with Hogan (who also was cold).  There is a World Junior Hockey Game on tonight at 2:30 in the morning and John is hoping to watch it.  I will perhaps have a little sleep first, wake up and watch it with him.
As it turned out, I woke up just as the first period ended so was able to watch the last two where Canada defeated the USA team and now are undefeated in the series.  Woo Hoo - Go Canada Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment