Sunday, December 23, 2012

Thursday, December 20/2012

Wow, I just typed the date of this blog and I think it has finally hit me.  There are only 5 days till Christmas and although there is not a lot of fan fare involved with Christmas this year with all the work being done in the trailer, we will be cooking the trashcan turkey and have invited about 6 people over for supper.  Hopefully there are enough coats of varathane on the floor in the trailer so that we will be able to sit inside and eat.
Today I have to head into town for some much needed supplies to finish the floor.  I am out of stain and will need another roller for the floor varathane.
I have yet to do some of the shopping that needs to be done for Xmas supper but I still have plenty of time....don't I??
Back from town and I got another coat of stain onto the floor and now I think it is dark enough.  Oh, it is going to look so good when it is done.   When the floor was done, I was going to put another coat of varathane on the walls and the floor of the spare bedroom but realized that I had left the varathane on the kitchen counter and with the floor freshly stained, it was out of reach and the day's work was now over.  Darn.....I still had plenty of time but alas...it was not meant to be.
I threw some seed out to the birds, got my kindle and spent the rest of the day enjoying the sunshine.
It was spaghetti and meatballs for supper tonight and a few more Christmas movies then off to bed.  Another quiet evening was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment