Saturday, December 15, 2012

Friday, December 14/2012

It is dreary and remains very overcast this morning.  The sun has broken through the clouds only once this morning and now is hidden behind them.  We will be lucky to see it again today.
It must have rained throughout the night as the ground is wet and spongy.  I can't imagine what it would be like after one of the monsoons of the summer has unleashed its fury.
The Christmas Light Show (it is a parade) is on tonight so I do hope the rain stops in time for it.  Apparently, it is something to see and it sounds like it is bigger and better this year.
I headed into town today for a quick trip to the lumber yard and the grocery store.  If it is going to be raining all weekend, then we might just as well have everything we need to work on the inside of the trailer.
I stopped and picked up some more birdseed as the "good stuff" has finally arrived.  I now have two 50 pound bags sitting in the shed for my birds.  I will mix it in with the "not so good stuff" and the birds and the bunnies will be happier.
When I got back to the bus, John was listening to the news and tragedy has once again struck here in the States.  A gunman has gone into an elementary school and now 20 children and 7 adults are dead.  Our hearts and prayers go out to all those affected by this horrific event.
The rain started again this evening and continued throughout the night.  I wonder if the Hassayamppa River will flow as a result of all this rain.  It is a steady rain and I am sure the desert will appreciate it.  I will look forward to all the "green" that will be popping up in the desert over the next few weeks.
We spent a quiet evening tonight watching TV and listening to the rain.  Tomorrow should be a work day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment