Monday, December 10, 2012

Sunday, December 9/2012

It is chilly outside this morning although I did note that it is -41C with the wind chill at home so I will certainly not complain.  The infrared heater we bought keeps the bus at a nice even temperature and I am sure glad we bought it.
Today, I applied another coat of varathane to the walls in the trailer.   They are not as smooth as I want them and I would hate for someone to lean against them and snag their expensive silk shirt on my "good one side" plywood walls!!  I may even add another coat to them yet.
When that was done, I vacuumed the floor as it is the next big job that must be tackled.  It is now ready for us to lay the flooring and then it too can be stained and layered with several coats of varathane.  God grief, I am getting tired just writing about what needs to be done.
I still had a bit of energy left so I climbed up on the trailer and got the palm sander out of the storage pod so that I could sand the kitchen table down.  We dragged the table from the abandoned unit and I have wanted to refinish it and thought that today would be a good day to do it.  I dragged the thing out of the trailer and into the yard (man, that sucker is heavy) and started to sand away.  Before too long the old varnish was gone and I was down to some pretty awesome looking wood.  I then stained the top and the sides with the same dark stain that I used on the trim.  It looked awesome when I was done and depending on how it looks today, I just may put another coat of stain on it before I put on the clear coat to finish it off.  I think it will look great in the kitchen and one of the neatest features about it is that both  ends of the table actually fold down so that it will not take up much room in the kitchen and really, there will only be John and I eating off it most of the time.  I also have two leaves to make it larger if the need should arise and don't forget, I have enough dishes for a 12 place setting!!  I only have four chairs though so that could be a problem!!
There were no birds around and the javalina were a no show as well.  I bet the sound of the sander kept them away so I had no evening entertainment tonight and perhaps that was a good thing as I was covered with fine sawdust from all the sanding I had done.  I headed to the bathtub to get cleaned off and after that, it was time for me to think about getting supper ready.
The evening was spent in front of the TV.  I watched a movie called "The Core" and it was pretty good.  It was a "save the planet" type of movie so I went to bed knowing that Christmas would come for yet another year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment