Thursday, December 13, 2012

Monday, December 10/2012

It is chilly out today, only 6C.  Brrr!!  We are headed into some much cooler weather down here with some nights getting below freezing so I am sure that the dog's water will be frozen at some point over the next few weeks.  We are starting our "winter" temperatures so it will be much chillier in the evenings and over night and only getting to the mid teens during the day.  Compared to the nasty temperatures back home though, (-41C (40 below in the Fahrenheit scale)yesterday with the wind chill) I will not complain.
I walked outside this morning and noticed a ton of little footprints on the ground leading to the inside of the shed.  I followed them and saw that the bag of dog food that I had left on the floor had been opened and some of it had been eaten.   I suspected that the thieving little raccoons had been busy last night and Ray came over to verify my suspicions.  Yes, those were raccoon tracks!!   Now I will have to keep the shed door closed since they think they have found the "mother lode"of a food supply.
The javelina were out and about this morning foraging for food as well and Hogan did chase one for a short distance before I called him off.  He thinks he is the sheriff of the open acres outside our fence!!
Another movement caught my eye today and I noticed that Mr. Roadrunner was also out and about today.  He remained rather stand-offish but I did get a good look at him anyway.
I went into the trailer today to see what the table looked like and decided that it needed another coat of stain so did that before I gathered all the dirty laundry and headed to the laundromat.
When I got back, John had been busy in the spare bedroom and had most of the panelling up in there.  He was mucking with the light sockets and switch and since I had failed to include those three electrical outlets in my calculations, we are now three short!!  Guess I will stop and pick them up tomorrow along with some more stain for the walls and more varathane.  It is nice to be getting everything finally almost finished.
I threw some birdseed out this afternoon and also some dog food for the javalina and they showed up with a "growl" on.  Hogan was busy trying to keep them in line (from this side of the fence!!) and sniffing the ground to see if I had dropped any food pellets for him!!  There were a few skirmishes amongst them tonight but nothing serious.
It was soon time to head inside and out of the chill of the evening.  I made a quick supper then had to get my Christmas movie "fix" from the TV.  John watched Monday Night Football and lord only knows what else.  He is definitely NOT into Christmas movies!!  Hogan snuggled into the blankets and went to sleep.  Obviously he is not into Christmas movies either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment