Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thursday, November 29/2012

It is supposed to be cooler today, only getting to 23C so John and I should be able to get some work done on the trailer.  I must say that over this past week, I have not been much of a help with this sore ankle and then the final push to get the abandoned trailer and its yard cleaned up.  My ankle is a whole lot better now so that is no longer an issue although I still have to be careful on how I step on it and it sure does not like any sort of "twisting" motion.  The abandoned trailer is now done as well so now, I am free to help John with our renos.
We finished replacing all the boards that needed to be replaced on the floor and now tomorrow we will start on the walls in the living room and the kitchen.  It should go quickly as each board covers a 4x8 section.  It will be so nice to get more of it done.  I can hardly wait!!
It was soon time to sit and enjoy the evening sunshine.  The birds are busy with the seed I threw out to them and the javelina will be coming along shortly as well.  Kay "googled" them on her phone so we got a brief info session on them while they wandered over to snack on the dog food I had thrown to them. Stinky little creatures but kind of cute, just as long as you are on the right side of their rather vicious looking teeth!!
Kay was the only one to head down to shuffleboard tonight.  Ray has a full day of work tomorrow and didn't feel like partying tonight and I was not feeling all that great.  I think I have damaged the lining of my stomach with all the anti inflammatory pills I was taking for my ankle so now have this perpetual nausea going on.  Not a nice way to lose weight but hell....I'll take it!!!  John decided to stay home as well and sit around the "ball of fire".
Kay and Mitch eventually made it back to the park and once again, Kay was able to place second so was able to bring money back to the park!!  Good one Kay!!
When I got out of the bathtub, both Kay and Mitch had joined John at the fire so I too sat for a bit before actually tucking myself into bed.  I have eaten enough Tums and drank enough Pepto for everyone in the state of Arizona today so am hoping that tomorrow is better.  It could happen!!
The fire burnt down and eventually everyone headed to their beds drawing to a close yet another good day here in Wickenburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment