Friday, December 7, 2012

Tuesday, December 4/2012

There were six Javalina outside the fence this morning and again, the new Mom was not with them.  She is really keeping her babies to herself.  I threw them the rib bones from last night and they were gone in no time as they made quick work of them with those powerful jaws of theirs.
John and I struggled with the kitchen cabinets today.  Man, those suckers are truly heavy.  When we finally got two of the four up and reasonably secured,  we stepped back and took a look.  Both of us realized that it would be much easier putting the final panelling on while the cupboards were off the wall instead of trying to piece it around them once they were up.  What on earth were we thinking!!  Now we get to take the two cabinets down again and finish the job properly.  We truly are rookies!!  I have broken two finger nails and have several bruises to show for my day's labour!!  How much is one girl supposed to take?
The panels were put on the wall and tomorrow, we will get all four of the cabinets permanently secured to the wall.  The kitchen walls will then be done.   Awesome!!
I did manage to get two coats of varathane on the walls earlier today and they are less rough.  Good one side plywood is not as "good" as I want it but, another coat or two should do the trick.  It is all starting to come together.  I also started staining the trim today.  I have been busy!!
Feeding time


Quail and Doves

Another nice sunset





Mr Owl




It was soon time to quit.  My bruises where starting to ache along with my ankle and it was time to feed the birds and enjoy Nature's Evening Show.  We all sat around and enjoyed it and then it was time to call it an evening and get some supper on the BBQ.  Tonight John is doing fish so that will be quick and easy.
There was an awesome sunset tonight and I even got a pic of an owl siting on one of the trees.  He was hunting I imagine and I am sure there is all sorts of little creatures he could dine on tonight and I can not help but think about the two brand new javalina babies I have yet to see.  Hopefully their Mom is protecting them well tonight with Mr. Owl in the vicinity.



No comments:

Post a Comment