Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Monday, December 24/2012

It is laundry day today and I was at the laundromat by 9:00 a.m. so my day is off to an early start and that is probably a good thing as there are several things on my list of "jobs to do" today.  Once I got the clothes into the washers, I headed off to Alco to do some last minute shopping.
The laundromat was empty when I first arrived but by the time I left, it was busy so I was glad that I had arrived early on this Christmas Eve Day.
Once the laundry was done, I stopped at the beer store (CVS Pharmacy - cheapest beer in town at 17.99 for a 30 pack) and stocked up our supplies then headed back to the bus.
Once there, it was a matter of unpacking the laundry and heading into the trailer to start the clean up in there.  There are paint cans and tools everywhere and that all needs to be cleaned up before our guests arrive for Christmas supper tomorrow.
John woke up with a nasty headache this morning for some reason (must have slept wrong and he only had one eggnog last night!) so he will not be much help until the tylenol kicks in and his headache takes a hike!!  He is a lousy cleaner anyway so I can wait till later when I actually need him to help lift the table back into the trailer.
Once the counter was clean, the place actually started looking like it could be lived in.  The sink was a bit of a challenge to clean with all the bits of spilled stain and varathane coating the surface but, my tenaciousness paid off and now I have a clean white enamel sink again.  Woo Hoo!!  It is the simple things in life that matter!!
My sights were then set on the outside as it looked like no one cared about the yard.  There are bits and pieces of wood here, there and everywhere along with a ton of sawdust.  John's headache was better and together we tidied up the yard and got the tables into the trailer and set up for tomorrow's meal.
By this time, I was ready for a beer break and did just that!!  While we were sitting, enjoying a break, the UPS man arrived with the second half of the fireplace.  Now, we have all the necessary parts to get it assembled and up and running although that will not happen until after Christmas.
Remember that 12 piece set of dishes I got from the abandoned trailer here in the park?   Well, I am planning on using them for Christmas supper so they have to be washed and put away in the cupboard.  It is a good thing that I don't mind doing dishes as there were a lot of them!!   It is a huge set of dishes and it was a collaborative effort in dealing with them.  I washed, God dried and John found room for them in the cupboard!!    Then......all the utensils (also from the abandoned trailer) had to be washed and dried but eventually, everything got done and we are now "mostly" ready for our guests.
Ray and Kay have been working on their bathroom renovations all day and have finally quit so have joined us for a few Christmas Eve refreshments.
We played cards and taught them how to play kaiser so now we can start a Christmas tradition down here.  We also taught them the game of "31" which neither one had heard of.  As it turned out,  John and Ray won the kaiser game and they each won a pot in "31".  Kay and I were the losers when it came to cards.
It was a nice evening spent with our neighbours.  The fiber optic Christmas tree was on and I brought the snow man in from the cold and turned him on as well.  We all got a little silly and took lots of pictures.
I text the boys and Kimmy and missed them like crazy wishing they were all here with us.  Who knows, maybe next year.......
My evening ended with a bath and movie - the classic "A Christmas Carol" with Ebenezer Scrooge. An awesome way to end another great day.  John was busy uploading pics to the blog and he too watched part of the movie.


She's cool


Hogans getting in the act


Ray, Kay and Marie
Kay

Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment