Monday, December 31, 2012

Sunday, December 30/2012

It was 5:00 a.m. when the hockey game was over and the lights were turned off.  I think I should be sleeping in, this morning!!  Alas, that was not to be as my eyes popped open at 8:00 o'clock.  I guess I am programmed to wake up early.
It is cloudy this morning and although I don't think if froze last night, it looks like rain may be in our forecast for today.  There was an aura around the moon last night so maybe the Navajo Elders are right when they say that the ring heralds rain.
I headed into town today as it is getting close to that time of month when rent is due and since John is planning on ordering another load of wood, I might just as well pull that money out as well.
On the way into town today, the Jeep was having issues and I think either the clutch needs some repairs or the transmission as "Old Yella" did not want to go into third gear!!  Being a woman in "shopping mode", I continued on in second gear and got everything I needed to do done.  I will not be denied my shopping pleasures by some nasty attitude from that Jeep!!  John is going to have to do some investigative work and find the problem and then fix it!!
Once back at the park, I relaxed for the rest of the afternoon reading my book while John enjoyed Sunday Football.  It is getting down to the playoffs for the NFL so things are certainly heating up for the teams.
I stuck in a lasagna for supper and cooked it.  Now, anyone can eat when they are hungry and I don't have to worry about preparing it.  You really have got to love the microwave when it comes time to reheat!!
With supper dealt with, and football over for the evening, John and I headed into the trailer where we put the table back inside and put down the mats.  We then hauled in the two boxes that contain the fireplace/TVstand.  Hopefully, that will be put together before too long.
John then measured up all the windows so that we could order the trim.  Perhaps I will borrow the neighbour's truck tomorrow and get the final bits of wood we will need.
Kay joined us for a few refreshments tonight around the kitchen table as well.  Ray has to work tomorrow in Aguila so he decided to stay home tonight and rest up.  It is the end of the month and all the water meters have to be read and that will be an all day affair for Ray.
Eventually, it was time for something to eat and I was glad that I had cooked the lasagna earlier.  Now it was just a matter of throwing together a ceasar salad and reheating the lasagna.  Even Kay joined us for a bite to eat.  Man, if she doesn't watch out, she will get into the habit of actually eating three meals a day!!  Now that would be something for sure!!
Bed soon followed and John ended up watching more hockey.  Canada was winning when I finally nodded off to sleep.  That is the only thing wrong with having these hockey games over in Europe - all the games are televised in the wee hours of the morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment