Friday, December 7, 2012

Thursday, December 6/2012

Because I went to bed so early last evening, I am up early this morning.  There were a few javelina out and about and I did see one Mom with one baby.  Although it was not the newborn babies, it was still nice to see the other one growing.  Its colour is changing from the tan to the greyer colour of the adults.
The firewood is coming today and before it arrives the bus will have to be moved so that the delivery truck can back into the yard and deposit its load.  Since the bus has to be moved, John is going to take it down to the carwash and give it a good cleaning and fill it with propane.  When we get the wood stacked,  he can drive the bus back into the yard and we will not have to move it again this season.
I have to scoot to the bank and get some money for the wood and the propane so I had better get into gear.
The bus is now all shiny and clean and the propane tank is full.  We should be good until we leave as far as propane goes.  We arrived back at the park just as the firewood was rolling up.  The truck was old and looked like it had seen better days and the two old codgers in the cab also looked a bit ragged.  They told us they had been in the "wood business" for 29 years.  The cord of citrus wood (orange trees) was unloaded and stacked along the back wall in about half an hour.  It looked pretty good and I am sure we will get several hours of good burning out of this pile of wood.
Once the wood truck was gone John moved the bus back into the yard and settled it into its spot.  Then, it was time to birdwatch.  Unfortunately, I was late in getting the seed out and there were very few birds showing up for the evening's entertainment.  Man, those birds certainly let me know when I am late with their food!!  They basically tell me to "take a hike"and go elsewhere!!
I finally got to see the brand new babies tonight!!  Woo Hoo!!  They were so cute and like I suspected, Mom sure didn't bring them too close.  All the pics I got of them were on full zoom.  I also saw the one Mom with one of the older babies as well tonight so despite the fact that the birds were a "no show", the javelina helped save the evening.
As is the norm lately, once the sun went down, the chill set in so John started a fire and we sat around it for the rest of the evening burning the fancy citrus wood.  It was awesome.
Kay and Mitch headed down to the Seven for shuffleboard and returned after the games.  Kay took first place so came home with "the money"!!  Ray, John and I stayed here at the park around the fire.  The shuffleboard novelty seems to have worn off with John and he seems quite content to stay here around the fire.  I sure am not going to knock it as it is much cheaper for us when we stay home!!  It reminds me of all the campfires John and I sat around back home and that is nice.
The wood pile

Mom javalina with her two new babies

She would not bring them too close





a bigger baby - probably at least 8 weeks old

tonight's sunset

Kitchen cabinets are now back up on the wall
Our fancy new "smart" phone is not working again for some reason so I was mucking with it for an hour while sitting around the fire until I was so frustrated that I wanted to just chuck the damn thing in the fire.  I think I officially hate it now!!
Eventually, it was time for me to head in and enjoy the wonders of the bathtub then, into the bus for a quick bite to eat and then into bed.  The fire was left to burn down and soon everyone was snuggled into their  beds.      Zzzzzzzz.......

No comments:

Post a Comment