Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tuesday, July 24/2012

Once again, I find myself heading off to work.  I looks like it is going to be another nice day.
I hope the kids are having a blast at the lake while this lovely weather holds out.  Showers are in the forecast but even rainy weather at the lake is better than good weather at home.  There is something about having a beer under an ugly blue tarp while the rain is dancing over your head trying to put the campfire out!!
There were weather watches for many of the areas in the province today for huge thunderstorms, rain, large hail and the possibility of tornadoes.  Man, tis the season for tornadoes this year.  There have already been several here in Saskatchewan and although we usually get one or two, I think I heard that we have already had seven confirmed touch downs.  That is just nasty and I would hate to think that this is becoming a common occurrence here in our relatively safe little province.  We have never really had to worry about huge weather events but as I said before, they are becoming increasingly more common.
It was a good day "at the office" again today.  Actually, the last two days have been a lot of fun.  The staff I was working with are a hoot to work with so there were lots of laughs and great conversation.  I love my job and it is such a good break form this retirement routine!!
John did a lot of work in the man cave today and is tired.  The one room is just about complete and the "header" which runs across the opening between the two rooms is almost done.  I am not sure how he was able to manage holding the header in place while he screwed it ( that just sounds dirty! ) but obviously he managed.  I could not have been easy though.  There is just a bit of board needed along the top of the plywood and we can then add the trim and wa la.... the walls in one room will pretty much be done!!
The kids texted us tonight and asked if we were coming to visit but with John and I both tired from our day, have declined the invitation.  Jace then asked us to come and hang with them tomorrow.  It sounds as if it will be a "repair the quads" day as he managed to break an axle on his quad and Chris was headed to Meadow Lade for parts for his.  I just don't know how all these quads end up breaking as John and I have had ours now for over a year, have travel more miles than all their quads combined, go all the same places they do and have not broken anything.  It is strange!!  Oh well, not my problem but I hate it when my kids are so looking forward to having a good time and end up side lined because of the need for repairs.  Casey is supposed to be coming up Friday and I will keep my fingers crossed that he will end the weekend with his quad in one piece.  He was quiet discouraged the last time he was up here with all his breakdowns.   What fun is it making payments on something that is always in the repair shop?    Does a Mom ever stop worrying?   I think not.
It was late when I finally felt tired enough to actually go to sleep (once again God felt it was ok to keep me up until the wee hours of the morning) and was just about to hit the zzzz's when I smelt the unmistakable aroma of Pepe La Pew.  All the windows were open in the bus so I had to get up and shut them all.  Man, Pepe was close and he stunk!!  John slept on, totally oblivious of the stench!!
Finally, now I can sleep......right?

No comments:

Post a Comment