Friday, July 13, 2012

Thursday, July 12/2012

Once again, the sun is shining and it looks like it will be another hot day.  The crows are squawking something fierce this morning and the sound really isn't all that pleasant.  They just won't shut up!!
Hogan has been in and out several times and I am sure he is wondering just what all the noise is about.
I really have nothing planned for today (other than last night's supper dishes) so just may have to start one of my art projects today.
Once the dishes are done, I head outside to sit in the shade.  There is very little breeze this morning and it feels like it is going to be much nastier as the day progresses.  I am busy reading my kindle and into book number two in a series of three and will be into book number three before the day is over.
The sun is shrouded behind clouds and the smoke from the Alberta forest fires so there is an ominous character about the day.   I wonder if we will get an ugly storm out of all this?
Being that the sun was no longer directly shining on us, I managed to get the rest of the garden weeded.  It is looking awesome and I did notice that I have cucumbers on the vine!!  Woo Hoo!!  Hopefully they will be producing for  the rest of the summer.  I really must take the time to see what kind they are and remember for next year.
One of the RNs from the home stopped by to tell me she was taking some time off  at the end of July giving me a heads up for when staffing calls and I am pleased about that.  I told her I would work them for her so she was happy they would be covered and she would get the time off.
There is a football game on tonight so I had all my work done in time for it.  As it turned out, Montreal won, defeating the Calgary Stampeders,  Yea!!!
I caught up on a few TV shows tonight then headed to bed where I watched even more TV.  Gee, I live such an exciting life!!
It starts to rain at about 2:30 am and the accompanying lightening and thunder is awesome.  I think the rain sounds a bit like hail but I really have no desire to get up and take a look outside.
I guess that this is one of my "I don't need to sleep nights" as I am having lots of trouble doing just that.  Eventually, I get up, turn on some lights, grab my kindle and read some more, all the time yawning and trying to convince myself that YES, I can sleep tonight.  An hour later, I am back in bed and actually do fall  asleep.   John has been sleeping like a baby and I can't help but want to release some fire and brimstone on his ass.... just because!!


No comments:

Post a Comment