Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sunday, July 22/2012

The sun is shining this morning and it looks like it is going to be a nice day.  There are no ugly clouds in the sky and that is a very good thing.  I have a few days of blog that need to be written so that is my mission for today - get it caught up.
Jace and Kim were at a wedding last night but I suspect they will be stopping here before they head to Clearwater Lake for their week of fun and frolic.  The weather is supposed to be cooperative so I hope they have a blast.  Every year the kids come together for a week of drinking and partying, quadding and boating, fishing and suntanning.  They have a blast.
Chris came up early to grab a couple of sites for them.  He stopped here Thursday night before heading to Clearwater.
As predicted,  Jace and Kim and Scott and Jill arrived here before heading to Clearwater.  Jace needed to take on some water and had forgotten his chairs so had to borrow a couple of ours.  They stayed for a couple of beer and just as they were about to head to the lake, Larry and Ariane came for a visit.
They timed their visit perfectly as we said good bye to the kids and were able to sit and chat with them for the next few hours.  They have to get back to Saskatoon today as Ariane is working tomorrow.
It was wonderful talking with them as we had not had a good chat for a while.  They are planning on spending some time in the states this coming winter so we may be lucky enough to visit down there as well.
Once the Zerrs left, John got on the riding mower and did our grass and Shirley's next door.  It didn't take long and he was done.  Gary came over for a drink and I decided to head over the Dave's and raid his freezer.  I have several steak stored in there and tonight, I feel like a steak for supper.  After all, it is the weekend.
When I got to Dave's he was in the back yard mucking with a hand winch.  I asked him what he was up to and he said he just got back from the bush.  His quad is stuck and he piled up his winch so was unable to get unstuck so,  ended up walking about 8 miles back to his truck and was damn near exhausted.  Rubber boots are definitely NOT the thing to be walking in for any great length and the blisters on Dave's feet are a stark reminder of that.
He said he was waiting for Shirley to get home from work and then they would go and rescue it.  I offered our services but Dave, being and stubborn independent kind of guy said he would wait for Shirley.
John cooked our supper then headed over to Clearwater to hang with the kids for a while tonight.  He took "Old Blue" and went the back roads.  I texted Kim to say he was headed that way and to text me when he got there.  Forty five minutes later, I got the text so now can relax.
I am headed to bed now, but Kim tells me she will call me when John starts the trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment