Monday, July 30, 2012

Sunday, July 29/2012

Well it rained real hard for most of the night and at one point I was jarred awake by a very loud, rather vicious sounding crack of thunder.  Man, was it loud.  I bet the lightning that preceded it must have been amazing.  I haven't heard a crack of thunder like that ever.  As it turned out, it was the topic of the day!!
I guess the garden is now, good to go as far as any watering needs for the next week or so!!
This morning, it is sunny and warm out.  That is a good thing as I am sure some of the kids at the lake who have been sleeping in tents will need this sunshine to dry out their gear.
The kids will all be heading home today so I imagine there is all sorts of activity around the campsite.  The only bad thing about camping is the packing up at the end of it.  Oh well, I imagine Jace will be leaving the camper here with us so that is one less thing he has to haul back to Saskatoon.
I have to work a night shift tonight so I hope all the little lovies have come and gone by the time I have to get ready and go.
It is almost the end of the month and I am working full time for the month of August.  Woo Hoo - cha ching!!
Casey and Amanda were the first to show up.  As suspected, they have some wet linen so that was quickly draped over the chairs and placed in the sun to dry.  Both of them say they had a good time but I think little Amanda just may have been overwhelmed by all the "friends".  There were a pile of them and since she is rather shy, I am sure she is glad the weekend is over.  She is a little trooper though.
They only stayed for an hour or so then were headed back to Saskatoon and their jobs tomorrow.  I did note that Roxy was one tired puppy and spent all her time here lying in the grass sleeping.  She is usually running around like an idiot!!
The next to arrive was Chris.  He stopped for just a few minutes to say goodbye then he too headed to Saskatoon.
Kellen and Keaton came next.  Kellen's face looks much better today.  Much less swelling although it still looks sore.  He is finally going to get the prescription filled for the antibiotics the docs prescribed and that is a good thing.  Keaton is driving as Kellen is not allowed to and Kellen is also off work for two weeks.  He is a welder and I imagine a flash burn to some already bruised and swollen eyes would not be good.  They stayed only long enough for me to take a final look at Kellen's wounds then they too were headed back to Saskatoon.
Gary came over for a visit.  He has been busy mucking with his quad again and also had to assemble a few of his Bell satellite dishes for work tomorrow.
Dave and Shirley came by also.  They were out for a drive on the trails in the little samurai.  Man, it was like Grand Central Station around here.  Of course everyone was enjoying their "refreshments" while I had to sip on crystal lite.  No alcoholic beverage for Marie!!
Shirley went home for a minute to get me some eggs and when she came back, brought both her dogs.  Now Bear (their big shepherd/lab cross) and Hogan don't normally get along but the last few times they were together, they ignored each other.  Not so today as before too long they got into a most nasty fight.  John grabbed Hogan by the collar to try and separate them and that is when Bear took a good bite and nailed Hogan a good one on his right shoulder.  In the melee, I somehow managed to get a huge bruise on my ankle from the flying feet.   With the dogs separated, I put Hogan in the bus and examined his wound.  It was an ugly one, Bear got him good.   It sure could use some stitches but I was headed to work and no one was in any condition to make a vet run.  I cleaned it up good and filled the wound with polysporin and I will keep my fingers crossed that it heals without too much trouble.
Jace and Kimmy arrived just before I headed to work.  They are supposed to be cooking supper for us but alas, they are too late to cook me supper but did end up cooking for John, Dave and Shirley.
According to John, Jace and Kimmy headed to Saskatoon around 10:00 p.m.  They took their camper as they have to camp next weekend at Macklin where they are participating in a "Bones" tournament.  Apparently, it is a game where you throw.....what else.......bones!!


No comments:

Post a Comment