Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sunday, July 15 2012

It is monsoon season in Arizona.  This is a view from our back yard
There is a lake where the desert is supposed to be!!
Rain and more rain
OMG - I am so very tired this morning and so glad to be home and headed to bed.  The phone service is still out so obviously there are some big problems at the tower.  I don't care at this point as I am just too tired.  Perhaps it will be back in time for when I wake up.   Good Night!!
I am awake by 3 p.m. and feel much better.  That is a very good thing since I have to work again tonight.  It is so much easier to work when you have slept well.
I have been texting back and forth with Kay (who is working in Nevada now) and it is good to hear from her.  She is now the proud supporter of two new tattoos.  Each sit just below her collar bones and she said it hurt like hell getting them.  She is a far braver soul than I.
She sent the two pictures that Ray took out their back yard.  This is the same area that we see too.  Because it has been raining so much lately (it is monsoon season there) the usually dry Hassayamppa River is flowing.  Now that would be something to see.  I hope Ray has been taking pictures of that.  I can't imagine how full Box Canyon must be.  There certainly would be no way through the "box" with all this rain.
Before too long, I am getting ready for work and heading on over.  At least I am not tired tonight however, there is another glitch in the system.  The power went out in town about 4:30 this afternoon and the home is now running on generator power.  Now that is not bad however, there are no "emergency" outlets in the common area and that is where most of the residents sit in the evening and we do our charting at night.   There are no extension cords to be found in the building so I phoned John and had him bring us a few.  Now at least Gail (my co-worker) and I have a bit of light.
The power did come back on around 11:00 pm  so all was back to normal .
It was a busy night but at least neither Gail nor I were battling fatigue so although it was busy, it was a good night.
I was home early and was soon lying in my bed.  I hope I don't sleep as long today.  Good Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment