Saturday, July 14, 2012

Friday, July 13/2012

OMG!!  I slept in until 8:30 this  morning.  Now that is just not right but since it took me a while to actually get to sleep last night,  I won't complain.
The sun is shining and with last night's rain, it smells so fresh outside although it seems to have intensified the smell of the smoke from those Alberta forest fires as well.  Hopefully some of this rain was headed their way.
Today, I think I will start that art project I have planned.  I want to find some old wood to use as a frame once it is done so will have to take the saw with me on one of our many trips out into the forest.  I am sure I can find an old granary somewhere that I can steal a few boards from.  There is plenty of them out there.
There is still a lot of smoke in town today and I hear that the forest fire is burning in the northwest corner of our province.  Saskatoon seems to have more of the smoke than we do here in Leoville so they can darn well keep it!!
I had to make a couple of quick trips to the nursing home today to hang some intravenous drugs we are running on one of the residents so that broke up my day a bit.
Gale stopped by and asked if I would come help her weed her garden.  She had been working in it since this morning and was getting tired.  She got a good half of it done but is now looking for helpers.  I told her I would be over as soon as I was done with the IV drugs at the home.
When I got to Gale's, she was busy picking weeds.  The potatoes needed to be hilled so that was what I  did and before too long, her garden was weeded and potatoes were hilled and it looked awesome.  She is as fanatical as I am when it comes to a garden that looks loved.  Now both are gardens are looking good!!
Casey text us to let us know that he is coming up tomorrow to pick up Jace's camper.  He will be making a quick trip as will be heading back to Saskatoon the same day.  I must remember to get my linen out of the camper before it heads to Saskatoon.
Since he will have an empty truck box for the trip up here, John ordered some wood from Kim so now we can work on the "man cave" next week.  He also ordered the fence posts so they too can go into the ground.  I just may see some progress yet!!
Dave wandered over for a visit this evening.  He is waiting for Shirley to get home from work.  He had some prairie chickens cooking away in his slow cooker for their supper and when I went over there to get some stuff out of their freezer, it sure smelled good.
We watched the first half of the football game tonight and with the score being 35 to 0 at the half, we quit watching and went outside to sit around the campfire.  We kept the TV on so that we could listen to the game though.  Gary wandered over for a quick visit.  He has just returned from the city with more satellite dishes for next weeks installs.
Eventually John cooked our supper and then it was time for me to head to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment