Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tuesday, July 10/2012

It is hot again this morning.  I guess one could say that we were officially in a "heat wave".  The temperature has to stay in the 30s for three consecutive days in order for it to be called a heat wave.  thank heavens for fans and air conditioning!!
As the day progressed, the temperature kept climbing and we eventually had to turn on the air conditioning in the bus.  It was such a welcome relief that I did not care if the generator was disturbing anyone!!  It is not real noisy but it does break the easy cadence of this small town.  Well, it is either that or someone is going to get hurt!!  I can't stand the heat and get a bit cranky!!
I had an inservice to attend at the nursing home this afternoon and was most glad that there was air-conditioning in our staff room as I was sweating bullets by the time I had walked the block and half to get there!!
Back at home, I decided to go to the store and pick up a few things for supper.  It will be macaroni salad and ham tonight.  Fudgesicles for dessert!!
Eventually it started to cool off (around 7 p.m.) and we were able to sit outside and enjoy a bit of the evening.
I watered the garden as it sure needed a drink after the last few days of extreme heat and weeded the beets.  The mosquitos are loving this weather as they were extremely bothersome and we eventually came back inside the bus.  Damn those pesky little creatures.
I finally got a text through to Kay.  For some reason (Lord only knows) she has not been receiving any of my texts and now thinks I am ignoring her!!  Well that will NEVER do so I tried to call her and was told that her phone is restricted so I am not sure what is up with that.  Perhaps because it was an international call???  Who knows!!  We did have a good chat and she is doing well although is working long hours in Nevada.  When this job is done, she will be returning to Utah.  Once that happens, Ray will make the trip up there and visit for a couple of weeks which will be good for both of them.
We had a bit of thunder and lightening tonight before we headed to bed.  I thought we might get some rain but as it turned out, there was only a bit so I am glad I watered the garden.  It cooled off rather nicely so we were able to sleep without any difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment