Monday, July 30, 2012

Thursday, July 26/2012

I have awoken to yet another nice day in the neighbourhood.  Already it is hot.  I got a text from Gale today asking if I would come and help her pick raspberries.  John was just getting up and he usually spends and hour or so waking up and  checking out the Internet so I had plenty of time to go and help.
When I arrived there, her and Charley (who has recently returned from visiting his Mom in Lloydminster) were picking weeds. Those damn things have flourished in her fertile soil and are darn near as tall as the pumpkins so the three of us commenced to weeding.  Two hours later, the garden was damn near weed free and looked awesome.  After a bit of a coffee break, we started picking raspberries.  There were quite a few ready and in no time, we had the canes picked pretty clean although there were plenty of green ones still to ripen.  I just may have another "picking" date in store for me!!  Of course, the next time she asks me to come pick berries, I will wonder "does she mean weed"!!
When I got back to the bus (berries and some rhubarb and a rhubarb pie in hand) John was already working on the man cave.  We worked until all the wood was up on the walls.  There is now only the trim to do and of course the paint.  There are a few more electrical receptacles that need to go in but that is an easy thing to do.  The holes are cut and ready.
I got a call from Jace and he started the conversation by saying "Not to make you worry or anything.....".  Dear God, if that doesn't get one's adrenaline pumping, I don't know what does.  He continues by asking where the nearest place to get stitches is.  Jesus, who is bleeding and what happened?  Apparently Kellen flipped a quad backwards going up Mystery Hill and the radiator relocate hit him in the face.  Jace took him to Meadow Lake hospital where he is now the proud supporter of approximately 30 sutures to his eyebrow and nose.   Apparently these kids need a bit of a chat about quad safety and the need for full face helmets.  Why, even at their ages, do they need to learn these simple lessons the hard way?
Casey and Amanda stopped by on their way to Clearwater, where they are going to camp for the weekend with the rest of the kids.  They forgot a few things so stocked up on what they needed and headed off.  We will see them tomorrow as we will probably make it over there for a visit and maybe a quad ride!!
Happy hour rolled around and Dave and Shirley came for a visit as well as Gary.  Gosh, the five of us have not been together for a few weeks so it was nice to sit and chat with everyone and catch up on all the news.
Tonight, I raided the potatoes and found some good sized ones ready for eating.  I gave some to Shirley and offered some to Gary but he did not feel like cooking tonight so declined my offer....silly man!!
Everyone soon headed home to prepare their supper and John and I did the same.
It was pork chops and fresh potatoes for us and man, were those potatoes good.  Butter and fresh chopped dill and I was in heaven!!
We spent the rest of the evening relaxing in front of the TV resting up from the days work.  I am tired and can't seem to quit yawning.  Gee, I don't think I am this tired after working 12 hours at the nursing home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment