Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sunday, July 8/2012

It is already hot this morning and so I must keep the front curtains closed in the hopes that it will help keep it cool in the bus today.
I have to get this blog caught up as I am a few days behind and if it goes too long, I tend to forget what happened on what day.
Jace and Kim are supposed to arrive sometime today to pick up their camper.  They want to take it home and get it ready for their holidays.  Jace just got back into Saskatoon from a trucking trip to Vancouver so I imagine he must be tired.  Since we have not seen them since Father's Day, it will be good to catch up on their news.
Last night's supper dishes needed to be done so after that nasty job was complete, I am ready to just relax and enjoy the rest of the day.
As it turned out, Jace and Kim had decided not to come for the camper this weekend.  They will aim for next weekend instead.
There is a football game tonight and I am looking forward to watching that.  It is a lazy day and since I may have to help the team later on, I had better just rest until game time!!
Game time and the Riders take the lead.   Things are looking good.  I have the fan blowing on me and life is good.  John and I were enjoying the game when a truck pulls into the yard and low and behold, it is Pat (one of the friends we met a few years ago) and he has come for a visit.  We caught up on all the news and enjoyed his company.   Before we knew it, the game was over and we had missed most of it (although it was on, the volume was turned down).
We moved outside to continue our visit and Gary wandered over.  We sat around for another hour or so, then Pat had to leave as he still had to make it home to Big River.  One more beer and he would have to sleep in Jace's camper!!  It is a work day for him tomorrow so that was not really an option.
Gary stayed for a while longer then he too headed home and John got busy cooking our supper.  Mmmm - wonderful ribs tonight.  They were delicious!!
Earlier this morning I noted that the fridge did not seem as cold as it should be and that some of the meat in the freezer was a bit soft.  Now that was a bit of a worry as I really have no desire to replace this fridge although, it is 17 years old and certainly owes us nothing.  I wondered if perhaps with this "heat wave" we are in, if it was more stressed than usual.  I emptied most of the meat out of the freezer compartment and took it over to Dave and Shirley's freezer (they have two) and then kept a close eye on it for the rest of the day.  It seemed to be getting colder as the day wore on.  I will check on it again tomorrow and hopefully it has recovered and is working like it should be.
Rider, Our Saskatchewan Roughrider mascot. Go Riders Go!!
It has cooled off nicely tonight and heading to bed was definitely not a hardship.  There was a cool breeze coming through the window and I was asleep in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment