Thursday, July 19, 2012

Monday, July 16/2012

I am done with the night shifts for this round and am more than happy about that.  I really hate working nights but,  as I have said before, I did promise to help out the girls for the summer and if night shifts help then, I will quit bellyaching and just "do it".
I headed to bed then wake up about 2 p.m.   John is getting ready to work on the man cave and I took a chair and my coffee and sat and watched while he contemplated as to where to start.
I put a call into Sask Power today and spoke with a fellow who told me that the "site inspection" had been done on Friday and that the trencher has been booked.  He said that it takes 2 to 4 days for the trencher to come so we are hoping to have it done this week.  Neither John nor myself will be holding our breath though!!  I has been 6 weeks so far!!
While we were sitting in the man cave,  a Sask Power truck rolls up and out gets the inspector.  He is here to inspect the electrician's work and give the final OK for it.  Well, I guess this is progress!!
Finally, with the OK from him, we are now only waiting on the trencher.
John got some wiring done for some extra plug ins and switches and I got the ceiling painted.   The one ceiling was painted an ugly green color and required two coats of white.  The other ceiling was white and covered nicely.  With this job done, the walls can now go up.  There is still a big decision to make on what to do with the floor in one of the rooms.  It is ugly and needs something.  It is the "something" that we have to decide upon.  Oh, what to do, what to do......
It was finally time to quit working and enjoy the evening sunshine.  John eventually started a campfire and cooked supper. We had potatoes done with several of the herbs I have been growing in my garden mixed with onions, celery and onion soup mix.  They were delicious.   He also cooked some chicken legs that he basted with BBQ sauce and they too were delicious.
Suppers on


Enjoying the fire

Bed soon followed for me and John watched TV for a while longer.  Tomorrow is a day off and I am glad I can just relax and do nothing if that is what I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment