Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Monday, July 9/2012

Heading out to get some wood

Loaded up

That's a bear cub on the left

It is going to be another warm one today and the curtains are once again,  closed.  Hogan and I are up early and despite the sun, there is nice cool breeze coming throughout the windows so at least they are open along with the screen door.
The fridge is much colder this morning ( Thanks to John turning up the temp, DA!! ) and the stuff in the freezer is well on its way to being frozen.  One more disaster averted....for now!!
I am headed over to the laundromat shortly as we are in need of its services.  Who wears all these clothes and gets them so darn dirty??!!  It seems I am forever trucking over to that joint!!
Back from the laundromat and it is now time to go empty the bus and take on some propane.  I just need to sit in the shade for a bit until I cool off.
John is busy with the new riding mower, changing oil and what not and will cut the grass where the bus has been sitting when we get back from the "dump" run.
The bus tanks are now empty and the propane tank is now full.  We are good for at least another month for the sewer tank.  The propane should last us until we head back down south.  With grass cut from under the bus, John maneuvers the beast back into position and once again we are set up and can now relax and enjoy the rest of the day.
Because it is still so hot, John has taken the top off the jeep and has decided to head out for a bit of a ride.  At least we will have a breeze in out faces as we head down the road!!  With the little cooler full of cold beer, we head out.  Hogan is in the back with his head stuck out the side of the Jeep.  I think even he is enjoying the cool wind in his face!!
We head over to one of the many little lakes and on the trail we see a baby bear.  He is not very big and must be this year's cub.  He is rather inquisitive but soon runs off into the bush.  I am sure that Mom is not too far away but we never did get a glimpse of her.  Of course I was not able to get a picture of him before he disappeared.
We accessed the lake and found the area clear of humans and wildlife.  It was calm and oh so quiet there.  What a great place it would be to camp for the weekend.
When we were leaving, we saw the bear again and this time I was able to at least get one picture of him.  He even stood up on its hind legs to get a better view of us!!  What a great sighting.  The forest around here is full of wildlife and that is what makes travelling these trails so exciting.  One never knows what you will see.
When we got back home, we split some wood (thank heavens for Jan suggesting that we get a log splitter) that we found on our travels and stacked it into the trailer.
It was still pretty warm out so no campfire was needed at this time - perhaps later.
John and I sat outside enjoying the quiet of the evening and eventually did start a fire.  He cooked supper which was some of that fish that Gary and I caught the other day.   Since it was me that filleted them, I was most interested in seeing how many bones I had left behind.  John found one and I found five!!  What the Hell!!  Actually, for my first venture into filleting fish, I did pretty well!!
Hogan getting his exercise
Thankfully, it cooled off again this evening and sleeping was easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment