Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Saturday, July 14/2012

I am up early this morning and not too happy about it.  I have to work night shift tonight and a few more hours of sleep would have been just fine.  Hopefully, I will be able to get a bit of a rest this afternoon however, there is a football game at 2:00 o'clock and that will require my attention.
Casey arrived during the football game.  Him and Amanda drove up here today to pick up Jace's trailer.  Jace and Kim need it for the weekend of the 21st so are anxious to get it filled with all sorts of goodies.
He also brought us a load of wood for the "man cave".  Kim got us a good deal on the price and Casey picked it up.  We even purchased 40 fence posts so maybe we will get the fence up this year as well.  Who knows!!
During half time, John went out and helped Casey unload the wood and hook up the trailer and get all the lights working - oh, there were no lights cause the trailer cord was too short!!  Instead, they used some portable lights that John had and they were soon good to go BUT, not before they had to eat!!  One can always rely on Casey for being hungry!!
We threw a couple of burgers on the grill for him and Amanda and and there was still potato salad in the fridge so they were soon fed and watered.
The Riders won the football game, Casey and Amamda left for the city and I was finally able to lay down for an hour and rest before I had to get ready for work.
For some reason, we  have no cell phone service at the moment which really does not bother me since I have to head to work anyway.
When I do arrive at the Nursing Home, I am told that we have no long distance service and no 911 service either.  Well, now that does concern me!!  I hope all our residents stay happy and healthy tonight.  It is hot in the home tonight and I fear it will be a long one.

No comments:

Post a Comment