Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Friday, July 27/2012

I am up early and headed to the laundromat.  It is time, as the clothes are stacking up and I hate letting it get out of hand.  Three loads is plenty and if I can get the triple load washer, it will be cheaper. Gosh, I really have no life when I worry about whether or not I can get the triple load washer!!
Before I get to the laundromat, I stop at the SGI license issuer in town and get some stickers for "old blue" so that we will be legal when we head to Clearwater today.
The kids have text us and asked us to come for a ride.  They are going to do "the loop" today and it will be nice to ride with them.  We have been working hard all week so today will be a much needed day off.
John loaded the quad on the back of "Old Blue" and it just fit.  Wow!!  It is a good thing that it is not an inch longer or there would be no way it would.  We soon arrive at the lake and I have to check out the damage to Kellen's face.   After I give him a hug and thank him for not dying, or worse yet, not ending up with a brain injury, I give him the "Mom" lecture about helmets and using his head to make better decisions.  Stupid hurts and Kellen is one sad panda this morning.  His face is very swollen and bruised but the suture lines are clean.  It will heal but I can't imagine him going to work for a week or so.  This will be an expensive faux pas for Kellen but it could have been so much worse.  I think this injury has made all the kids realize just how fast things can go wrong.  Lessons Learned The Hard Way.
We head out onto the trails - 12 quads and one dirt bike.  The trails are dryer than what I would have thought although the few "bad" spots were still bad and of course there are always a few losers who think they can go where no man should go!!  Two quads and two winches later, they are out and we are once again headed down the trail.  There were several stops along the way and the day actually went well.  There were no kids driving out of control and the amount of beer consumed was actually quite reasonable.   I guess Kellen's accident was still pretty fresh in every one's mind.
There were a few overheating quads on the trail today and the dirt bike ended up with a flat rear tire (he runs tubes so was not repairable on the trail) but he was able to ride it into Chitek Lake where he left it at the friend's house.  He will pick it up later tonight with his truck.
Back at camp it was time for whatever supper the various groups had planned.  John and I stayed for a bit then headed home.  It was a busy day and I was glad to be back at he bus safe and sound.  I think even Hogan was glad to be home.  I think tomorrow will be a very quiet day!!
Old Blue loaded up- Off to Clear Water Lake

Group photo

Heading out

Jace and Kimmy going deep!


Which way?

Waiting for the group

Snake Grass


Beverage!


Chitek River Bridge


Just fits






Kids having fun!


Don't lip off to your brother Maddy!



They just can't stay out


Amanda

Bailey


Start of Chitek River




Ya it was there!



Heading home in the dark


We made it!

Bailey in her leopard suit- GRRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment