Sunday, April 28, 2013

Saturday April 27 2013

Heading out
Another day on the road.  Today I have to drive through Las Vegas and I am not looking forward to that!!  I am not into a ton of traffic and in these major centres, there is plenty.  I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!!





Bikes everywhere


Vegas
I made it through Las Vegas without incident!!  Woo Hoo!!  Now, bring on Salt Lake City!!  This is a piece of cake just as long as everyone stays in their own lane!!
Home made camper

Marie gassing up

Green grass!

Our spot for the night

Snow on the La Sal Mountains

Sunset
New babies showed up today at our  AZ yard
We travelled six hours today and I was yawning the last 40 miles.  We were going to try and make it a bit further down the road but decided to stop here in Beaver, Utah.
When we arrived, John noticed that I had somehow lost the wheel liner (hub cap thingy) out of the back tire on the passenger side of the truck.  He thinks it was when I hit the rumble strip a few times and jiggled it loose.  That could be as I was busy gawking around.  I guess I should pay closer attention!
It was noticeably cooler here and both John and I were forced to switch into our sweat pants.  Hogan was happy to chase a killdeer without getting ugly thorns in his paws then settled down inside the bus where it was warm!!
It wasn't too long before we were all inside enjoying the warmth of the bus!!
Supper was simple fare and then it was time to just relax and watch a bit of TV.  I text the kids to catch up on their news and also had a conversation with Kay.  I was a texting fool!!
It was then time to head to bed and get some rest.  Tomorrow we travel through Salt Lake City so that means even more traffic.  The only saving grace is that it is Sunday and I am hoping that most of the "town folk" are in church!!

No comments:

Post a Comment