Friday, April 5, 2013

Thursday, April 4/2013

Another warm day is upon us and it wasn't long before the air conditioner was running in the bus.  Oh, the blessed cool air is quite a relief when one comes in from the outside.
I got lots of the blog caught up today and John will post the pics tonight.  Kimmy has been sending me some rather hateful texts mentioning the fact that I have been rather lax in keeping her updated on our adventures here in Arizona.  She is a bit cheeky at times but she keeps me in line when it comes to the blog!!
Ray and Kay headed into Surprise today to have the oil changed on their truck.  They were gone a few hours but came back with all sorts of treasures.  One being a glass that had a dog picture on it that looked a lot like Hogan so Kay had to buy it for us!!  It really does look like him so now he will be immortalized on a beer glass!!
They also found the king of liquor stores so was able to find some Raspberry Twisted Tea which is just as good as the original flavour.  I will have to remember to take one home for Shirley as I don't think this flavour has reach us in Canada yet.  I am sure she will enjoy it!!
John and I spent the afternoon watching the World Men's Curling Championships on TV so that kept us out of the intense heat of the day.
Once the heat abated, we once again got busy on the shed and a few more pieces went up.  Much of it is now done and once it is, Ray said he will use his sprayer to paint it for us as long as I agree to clean it after.  Sounds like a good deal to me.  Ray, being a typical man, hates cleaning the darn thing!!
Being Thursday, Ray and Kay headed down to play shuffleboard and John and I sat out in the cool of the evening just enjoying life.
Mitch, who has been hired to work 3 days a week on one of the road crews here is Arizona stopped by and shared a few beverages with us.  He is off for the next four days as the state will not let the company work over the weekend which starts on Friday and ends Monday because of all the excess traffic.  They also cannot start to work until after the morning rush so they start at 10:00 in the morning.  Bankers hours!!  He said a rattlesnake got stuck in the sticky asphalt today and met an early demise.  Sad for the snake I suppose but I am sure that happens often enough and the crew just keep on working.  That snake will now be forever entombed in the road!!
We got a text tonight from Kimmy with a sad face showing and I am always unnerved whenever I see stuff like that.  When I inquired as to what the problem was, she said that she had smashed her truck.  Shit, Oh Dear!!   Apparently she ran into a pole and did some nasty damage, making the truck undriveable.  She had been blinded by the sun and did not see the pole and simply ran into it.  Fortunately she was not injured but somehow when one is in that situation, you don't think how lucky you were, you think how stupid you were and how much damage is done to the truck.  She was a sad panda but after a few back and forth texts I managed to convince her that she was more important than the damn truck.  Trucks can be replaced....she, on the other hand, cannot be.  Sometimes we just have to remind each other just what is important so I hope she went to bed feeling a bit better.  Tomorrow, I am sure things will look better to her.
There was another curling game on tonight so that is how we ended another day.  Watching TV!!  Kay had brought us KFC from the city today so that is what we had for supper.  Mmmm - you just can not beat the taste of KFC's hot wings!!   A great way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment